my latest work (with more bass)

Sounds great dude. Just the kick sounds a little funny to me at the parts where it sticks out by itself. I can't even put my finger on what I don't like about it so don't take me too seriously.

what all slate samples are you using on this? have you been messing around with any of the NRG room samples yet?

Sounds great by the way

havent cracked open slate 3 yet, savin that for later this year, just bought it

on this project im using the dream snare z1 (with dream snare z4 for room), and kick 10 z1

guitars are pod

bass is uad preflex

this is the first mix i've done with a different master bus compressor (1176 instead of ssl)

Sounds awesome, I am a big fan of your stuff

how did you get that cool effect on vocals in the screams (like a doubling and distorted or down tuned them), also the singing part sounds sick, what effect is that?

What pod do you have, after to listening to all your songs thinking about getting one. Is there "JOEY PRESETS" HEHEH

Sounds awesome, I am a big fan of your stuff

how did you get that cool effect on vocals in the screams (like a doubling and distorted or down tuned them), also the singing part sounds sick, what effect is that?

What pod do you have, after to listening to all your songs thinking about getting one. Is there "JOEY PRESETS" HEHEH

line 6 needs to seriously endorse me

ok every single screaming part is doubled because his voice is weird...
it was all recorded through an AT4040 with three plugins running on the input

a gate, a de-esser, and 1176 emulation via UAD

none of the screams have been quantized, so what you hear is the takes i got, untouched :zombie:

the singing is a buntch of tracks, so its not really one effect. its like 6 different effects, and a lot of different tracks for different purposes

there's a main line, with delay edit: (and reverb)
there's a double of that, with waves doubler on it, turned down
there's a low octave, with antares choir (32 voices mode) turned way down
the harmony has waves doubler on it too

then for the next singing part, there's just one take of each melody line (each different), both with waves doubler

every song has singing, but each one is different, thats how this one works

edit: i should also mention that there are like 14 tracks of various random people on that "say your fucking prayers" part, my self included. we also hid the phrase "brooklyn zoo" within the scream to immortalize Ole Dirty Bastard into the metal scene.

good times in the studio =]

line 6 needs to seriously endorse me
Haha big +1 to that :lol:

Great mix as always, you're the man Joey!
What are you meassuring the RMS with? You say -8 but my analyzer reads around -10.
Really clean sounding, almost too clean and dry for my taste - I think I would dirty up the bass a bit.
The guitars sound great but I think they have just a tad too much lowmids.

EDIT: Yay 200 posts :loco:

Haha big +1 to that :lol:

Great mix as always, you're the man Joey!
What are you meassuring the RMS with? You said -7 in the other thread but my analyzer reads around -10.
Really clean sounding, almost too clean and dry for my taste - I think I would dirty up the bass a bit.
The guitars sound great but I think they have just a tad too much lowmids.

EDIT: Yay 200 posts :loco:

statistics in sound forge 8
maybe web conversion sucks?, its definately much louder than -10

the bass has gain on it already, quite a bit actually

the guitars aren't double tracked, hence the dry feel

ADT?

the way the mix goes, its just two tracks of guitars, no extra weirdness other than a little widening and some harmonic distortion added in the mid range

im using the cab sim on the pod, too

"Automatic double tracking"
What plugin(s) are you using for the widening and the harmonic distortion? S1?

+1 for Line6 endorsement!
Yeah, this sounds pro! Not so fond about the song. Someway too clicky and upheavy (...I even don't know myself what Im talking about :D Kinda heavy but it lack's something...it dosen't go deep enough?), but mix and tone is ace! Really big respect for using pod for this tone! ...Feeling someway szichophrenic I guess :lol:

i don't know how you do it man, sounds very tight, it has your devil wears prada signature mix on it :) at least thats what i get when i hear it but it sounds fucking beautiful

i don't know how you do it man, sounds very tight, it has your devil wears prada signature mix on it :) at least thats what i get when i hear it but it sounds fucking beautiful

yeah its pretty much the same mix as "with roots above and branches below"

me, miss may i, and tdwp are all close buddies...:headbang:

the mix seemed to fit (albeit not exactley the same)
so i ran with it.

definately a different snare than im used to on this one. higher pitched!

the other songs have a lot of cool stuff, this song is the "no brainer" on the record. its one they've already recorded elsewhere (actually with chris rubey of prada haha, and its on their myspace currently) this is just my take on the song.

dave o pointed out its a little hollow in the 150hz area, anyone agree? i really hate bass haha