My Nebula vs. Mic shootout

Well I find both to be too fizzy, scooped, and dare I say overgained (;)) for my tastes, but I much prefer the Recto impulse one, cuz IMO it has just as much body but is nowhere near as dense sounding in the mids - that's the bottom speaker vs. the top for ya! (though more importantly the fact that I probably had the resonance knob too high on the JSX when I made that batch; at least the Recto doesn't have one! :loco: )

Well I find both to be too fizzy, scooped, and dare I say overgained (;)) for my tastes, but I much prefer the Recto impulse one, cuz IMO it has just as much body but is nowhere near as dense sounding in the mids - that's the bottom speaker vs. the top for ya! (though more importantly the fact that I probably had the resonance knob too high on the JSX when I made that batch; at least the Recto doesn't have one! :loco: )

The JSX set was done using the top set of speakers and the Recto set was done with bottom?

Cool. It frequently astounds me how polar opposite our impressions on the same things are. To me the JSX clip sounds worlds better. I agree both are fizzy, but that's an issue with cab and mic position more so than amp. Especially with the Stiletto. I recorded one the other day and all the painful memories came flooding back.

Anyway, don't want to derail your thread too much, so that's all! AE did some more Nebula programs in the other thread, which I'm trying and they're doing my head in. Nebula consistently has that high mid fizz/grain that I can't get rid of.

Wellll, tastes are tastes, but I do have to disagree that the fizz is coming from the cab/my mic placement, especially on the Recto impulse, cuz in my own extensive use of those impulses I've never had anywhere near that much of it...

Don't know man, I used my TS with the 6505 directly in. Same settings for both clips. There wasn't really an opportunity to induce fizz from my end - at least if we're not considering the amp tone itself. If I still had the 6505 here I'd try to dial a tone more appropriate to the recto impulse's balance, but alas...

Don't know man, I used my TS with the 6505 directly in. Same settings for both clips. There wasn't really an opportunity to induce fizz from my end - at least if we're not considering the amp tone itself.

Gain knob? ;) That's my guess...