Nebula Programs and best impulses yet have arrived! (for real this time :P)

Alright, here are the top speaker Nebula programs and regular old impulses, hope you guys (Ermz :D) enjoy!

And to recap, here's the other Nebula program and impulse, made with the same speaker but in the bottom-right spot. Personally, I prefer these (cuz I prefer the bottom speaker), but hey, we all have different tastes, so try 'em both d00dz! :headbang:

Thanks Marcus, I'll give these a shot a bit later on.

Let's hope poida gets on board with this soon too.

AE, if you can contact giancarlo or the developer folks that would be great. Refer them to my exchange with Suicide As Alibi above. I think there are some good points made up there and it could be why we are running into these fizz issues.

By the way everybody, I've determined that a narrow cut of ~3 dB at 6k works wonders taming the fizz on my recorded Rectifier tracks (see this thread, and a comment would be nice :D), so maybe it'd help with these impulses/programs as well! Just something to experiment with anyway (I really haven't done much with these impulses/programs, since I have a real amp and cab to play with and all :heh: )

here a bit of answers to your question (we are developing a new website, this is an extract of the technology page)

CoreI and CoreII specifications:
Nonlinear convolution, dynamic Volterra series and time-varying models are just some of the state-of-the-art features the CoreII Nebula Engine offers. The CoreII comes complete with all of its internal tools, and also includes the Nat sampling system, a stand-alone application shipped with most of Acustica Audio’s products using different configurations. Support is provided directly from the R&D Team that continuously develops the engine. Workshops and project-specific learning sessions can be organized for your team.
CoreII is available with a diverse stand-alone library, ready for inclusion in 3rd party products. An advanced version of the Nat sampling system is available for development and research purposes. We only provide information about its cost once we have approved your application as a potential licensee and have obtained the necessary documentation from you.

Next generation sampling-based effect processor:
Our technology provides seamless support of real-time preamplifier, equalizer, compressor, reverb, multi-effect, stomp-boxes, cabinets, microphones and tapes emulations on Intel based machines, both for Microsoft and Apple SO. It takes advantages from CUDA parallel GPU computing architecture if available. The Nebula Engine is a combination of multiple advanced technical processes that are unique to the Acustica Audio team. Effect devices can be succesfully sampled without further editing or adjustment, and then immediately processed and reproduced via the same Engine, where the sampled data is stored and available for recall, loading, saving, and advanced editing when desired. The quality of reproduction of sampled sources are nearly indistinguishable from the originals.
The following techniques are merged into a single model.

Nonlinear convolution:

The Volterra theorem is applied as a complete re-thinking, replacement, and generalized substitution of the convolution algorithm that is commonly used in audio applications. Accurate sampling, processing, and reproduction of up to 9 harmonics is possible with our proprietary technology.

tec1.png

Vectorial Volterra Kernels Technology (V.V.K.T.):

Volterra kernels are stored in tree data structures (managing up to 100000 elements in real-time using a CPU Pentium IV 3 GHz). The Nebula Engine is capable of implementing a list of modules commonly used in audio synthesizers (LFO, envelope followers, dynamic modules, FUNS). Multiple combinations of these processes may be applied to control sources and destinations.

tec2.png

Dynamic Volterra Kernels Technology (D.V.K.T.):

Volterra kernels are applied in real-time within the Nebula Engine, depending on the assessment of input and output audio streams. Processing can be applied down to a single audio sample.

Time Varying Models (T.M.V.):

A collection of kernels collect data using an advanced sampling technique, creating a multi-dimensional snapshot of a nonlinear/time-varying system. Multiple recordings are interpolated in order to mimic the time evolution and response to external variables such as user parameters and input/output assessments (e.g. time-varying cyclic effect processors , stomp-boxes, digital multi-effect units).

Advanced techniques:
The Nebula Engine introduces further optimizations and improvements on the basic design and architecture. Our attention is constantly directed towards unexplored subjects, maintaining our vision for providing the ultimate sampling-based processing approach.

Split Hybrid (SPLIT-H.):

Different algorithms can be used for early reflections and tails. The application of FFT or CUDA improves processing performance, disclosing to emulation of heterogeneous chains of reverb/effects processors.

SMOOTH3:

Artifacts caused by a fast kernel switching are minimized using different types of interpolation, which is executed per-sample even when block-based algorithms (e.g. FFT) are involved.

STONE:

Minimum phase filters are applied on sampled kernels in order to minimize high/low frequencies roll-off, to fix issues caused by poor AD/DA converters or by the intrinsic behavior of the target system (e.g. tape sampling).

tec3.png

Raw Data Management:

Raw user data (e.g. generic envelopes, envelope followers) can be stored in tree data structures and used as control sources and destinations, allowing complex program-dependant emulations.

Multi-Threading support:
To get the most out of modern multi-core processor architectures, CPU intensive sub-systems of the Nebula Core Engine have been rewritten in order to support multi-threading.

Next generation effect processor sampler:
N.A.T. (Nebula Application Tools) is a smart sampler, based on a template-driven approach. You connect your device, select a sampling session from a preset list and start sampling your hardware gear. An intuitive offline mode is supported, so software sampling is possible as well. Editing and further processing of sampled sources are immediately available within the Nebula Engine. Proprietary sample programs can be encrypted directly within the N.A.T. program, eliminating the need for extensive coding protection.