First Nebula Test!!!

Hey Voltago! I bought Nebula 3 and the cabs are totally awesome. But you mean Revalver III as preamp would be more or less in class with buying at pod or similar (only for preamp use to nebula impulses) ?
I tried things like Amplitube, GTR with Aeternus cab but still I feel the preamp is the weakest things ....
Thanks

Revalver MkIII and Nebula2 and Aeternus' Sputnik = just great :)

Compared to an impulse the guitar sounds more lively, fresher, more dynamic. Maybe it's self hypnosis but I like it a lot and don't regret to have spent 20 euros for the commercial version.

You're exactly right. I like that Sputnik program a lot, too. I've made like 10 so far, and will make more, especially with new cabs. I'll try some new mics as well.

On the agenda for me is some V30 cab, and possibly Revalver MkIII. I need something more modern than the JMP1.

Hey Voltago! I bought Nebula 3 and the cabs are totally awesome. But you mean Revalver III as preamp would be more or less in class with buying at pod or similar (only for preamp use to nebula impulses) ?
I tried things like Amplitube, GTR with Aeternus cab but still I feel the preamp is the weakest things ....
Thanks

Well, I had a Pod 2 couple of years ago but found Revalver MkII way better. Don't know the new Pod 3, though.
Revalver MkIII *for me* works best because I like its amps and the tube screamer. With Nebula it feels even more natural than before. Try the demo with your Nebula, I'm sure you'll like it, too.
Oh, and try both amps and preamps in front of Nebula - I found the tube screamer with the flathill preamp quite fun to play! :headbang:

You're exactly right. I like that Sputnik program a lot, too. I've made like 10 so far, and will make more, especially with new cabs. I'll try some new mics as well.

On the agenda for me is some V30 cab, and possibly Revalver MkIII. I need something more modern than the JMP1.

That's great! I will try your new programs today :headbang:

Right now I think I will go for a Engl 570 or 580 and use it with impulses. Must be a killer combination .... just can't make up my mind yet =) It's a lot of money hehe

I'm waiting to get my guitar back from my tech and I'll post some tests with my peavey rockmaster and nebula!

nebula rocks!!!

I just tried the a/b test with impulse vs. nebula, and I can't really say yet which I like best.

I can say that I loved running them in stereo a left, b right :lol:

If it only takes a $20 program to use these cab sims god damn I'm game

I just tried the a/b test with impulse vs. nebula, and I can't really say yet which I like best.

I can say that I loved running them in stereo a left, b right :lol:

If it only takes a $20 program to use these cab sims god damn I'm game

Yes you can use them with Nebula2 (20 euro) or Nebula3 (80 euro). Nebula2 is limited to 32 bit internal processing for user made libraries like these ones, while Nebula3 uses 64 bit processing.

I'm waiting to get my guitar back from my tech and I'll post some tests with my peavey rockmaster and nebula!

nebula rocks!!!

So have you managed to get those tests happening?

Francesco, did you ever manage to test it out with your own guitar and amp like you were saying in the other thread?

Anyone else done anything?

Was just wondering the same thing. As someone that doesn't have a cab and has to rely on impulses, I had such high hopes for this. Oh well.

This seems interesting, Jhakwe's clips have got me real excited, but I know what he can do with just normal impulses haha.

I read your threads, But I'm still a little confused. Maybe you can help me understand this clearer...

So far what I have gathered is,

Metaltastic made his own custom "nebula impulse" (for lack of a new term for these things) with Nat 3.
The process of making custom "nebula impulses" is different than making normal impulses
In order to use these custom "nebula impulses" you need to buy at least Nebula 2.

correct?

So what other "Nebula Impulses" CAN I use with the Free version of nebula, and do they come with the plug-in?

I mean, if you need to dump a ton of money on Nat 3 to make custom impulses, I doubt other people would be doing this often. And I'm wondering if its worth buying Nebula 2, to only be able to use Metaltastic's "impulses" atm (Which sound great by the way! Cant thank you enough for introducing this to the Sneap Forum!)

This seems interesting, Jhakwe's clips have got me real excited, but I know what he can do with just normal impulses haha.

I read your threads, But I'm still a little confused. Maybe you can help me understand this clearer...

So far what I have gathered is,

Metaltastic made his own custom "nebula impulse" (for lack of a new term for these things) with Nat 3.
The process of making custom "nebula impulses" is different than making normal impulses
In order to use these custom "nebula impulses" you need to buy at least Nebula 2.

correct?

So what other "Nebula Impulses" CAN I use with the Free version of nebula, and do they come with the plug-in?

I mean, if you need to dump a ton of money on Nat 3 to make custom impulses, I doubt other people would be doing this often. And I'm wondering if its worth buying Nebula 2, to only be able to use Metaltastic's "impulses" atm (Which sound great by the way! Cant thank you enough for introducing this to the Sneap Forum!)

All you have said is correct. But Nebula2 and Nebula3 comes with all the commercial libraries included, that's to say more than 15 Giga of top class impulse responses emulating hardware reverbs (PCM 91, PCM 70, EMT), compressors, equalisers (API, NEVE....), preamps, amps, microphones, tapes.

Look at these user made libraries : www.nebula-programs.com
www.analoginthebox.com