First Nebula Test!!!

a question to those who have the commercial versions: when running those amp programs - do they run in real time? if yes what machines do you have?

I'm using the free version and my machine can't deal with the large hall preset... so I'm worried if a purchase makes sense...

Well even if you can't run it in real-time, you can always monitor with impulses and then apply Nebula and freeze the tracks when you're done!

Only reverbs are CPU intensive, the other programs like pre and amp or equalisers are not CPU intensive but at least a Pentium IV is reccomended.

a question to those who have the commercial versions: when running those amp programs - do they run in real time? if yes what machines do you have?

I'm using the free version and my machine can't deal with the large hall preset... so I'm worried if a purchase makes sense...

Take a look here.

http://www.myspoonistoobig.net/nebula.JPG

That maxed out my Core 2 Duo processor. Any more instances of the plugin, and I'd have had a crashed Cubase. That also doesn't count any drums, bass, or vocals stuff. It's a pretty intense plugin, but honestly, I just find a decent sound and then disable Nebula until it comes time for mixdown. I like to do three separate projects -- Tracking, Mixing, Mastering.

Edit: Honestly, though, if you've got 15 guitar tracks at once, you can afford to freeze some.

Only reverbs are CPU intensive, the other programs like pre and amp or equalisers are not CPU intensive but at least a Pentium IV is reccomended.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply @all! :headbang:

Is there a way to choose a lower render setting for monitoring and then crank it uo for mixdown?

No, but there are more than 500 hardware models considering eq, amp, pre, comp, reverbs, tapes, filters, mic and time varinats like chorus, flangers and so on, so if a preset is too CPU intensive simply you can choose another one.

And you can try the cheap version, Nebula2 for only 20 euro.

AeternusEternus the 1960A cab with an E906 file is amazing. Why is it panned to left? Is that possible to change?
What kind of settings and preamp do you recommend (software).... TSS + Wangler and then Nebula ?
Happy newbie with Nebula 3 registered version in violent test mode =)

It is panned to left because it is sampled in mono and you are playing it in stereo.

So to adjust go to:

1. Kern Page -> In the upper right click on mono-L -> the press save

Thanks for telling me mate. I only have the demo of Revalver .... Wagner do sound good but I can't tweak it so I get totally happy with it. Maybe better to use the real amp head ?

Everything is possible, all for the music hehe!

I just need to ask and slap me hard if I talk to much!

Do you think good preamps will be possible to sample with Nebula in the future for guitars so it will work better that way ?
Otherwise would a
POD, BOSS, AXE-FX or whatever be better to use as a preamp than any software out there or is it just a matter of tweaking ?
If it makes a big difference which is the best buy in your eyes ? GT10, POD which one ?

Want it easy to work with but still better than those software preamps I heard ... maybe it's just because I'm not good on tweaking them ?! Is the pre in a POD x3 pro better than in a regular POD 2 ? I mean it should only be used for pure pre .... Suggestions are more than welcome!

Thanks! :worship:

Revalver MkIII and Nebula2 and Aeternus' Sputnik = just great :)

Compared to an impulse the guitar sounds more lively, fresher, more dynamic. Maybe it's self hypnosis but I like it a lot and don't regret to have spent 20 euros for the commercial version.