First Nebula Test!!!

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
Welp, it took 20 minutes of sine waves for this ONE sample, it eats a HUMONGOUS amount of CPU power, and the file is 24 MB! HOWEVER...I think it sounds fucking great! And also really different from an impulse, but I think better...here's a zip file with two clips - one is Wagner played through Nebula with a sample of my Mesa 4x12, one is the same except played through an impulse I made of my Mesa with the same settings, mic position, etc. - yet listen to how different they sound! And here's the Nebula Sample (now updated with Francesco's suggestions to be more CPU efficient) and the Impulse (I think it's a good one!)

And for those who have been living under a rock and don't know what Nebula is, read this thread and don't DARE ask any questions until you have :)

Yeah, tell me about it! Aeturnus, Francesco instructed that I use the "Distorted Pre (10 Kernels) - stone3.xml" session, and under the "expert" tab setting repeats to "1," length to 30 seconds, and under the "deconvolve" tab in the same window checking the "mono" and "Normalize" boxes. I heard yours and I'm amazed how much more similar the Impulse and Nebula files sound to one another compared to mine!

If you compare Nebula to the actual miked cab, is there a big difference? Usually an Impulse sounds very close to the mike, but those two are completely different!

Wow pretty big difference between those clips i wasn't expecting that much of a difference:OMG:

Is there no reamp to compare also?

Yeah, that's what I'll do tomorrow - I was so worn out from listening to all those sine sweeps (they seriously made me feel sick) that I couldn't bring myself to do anything else, including a proper reamp or comparison to a mic'ed cab. Also, Aeturnus's test in the original thread sound a lot more similar, so I'm not sure...

Yeah, that's what I'll do tomorrow - I was so worn out from listening to all those sine sweeps (they seriously made me feel sick) that I couldn't bring myself to do anything else, including a proper reamp or comparison to a mic'ed cab. Also, Aeturnus's test in the original thread sound a lot more similar, so I'm not sure...

No problem dude you rule for even doing this at all :kickass::kickass:

You really ought to look at Nebula 3 for more than just cab programs brother. These are the best reverbs and EQs I've ever heard.

I have no money left after all these purchases! Just jumped on nebula 2 and put the almighty Marcus preset :worship: into nebula and holy fuck! I'm in love, am I nuts or does this feel like the speaker is moving back and forth instead of just staying still and stagnant.