Re-opening the Nebula for cabs discussion

looking forward to this and the cartharsis one. This shit is great its like an instant tone upgrade for us regular impulse users :D

AE, you are awesome for putting so much effort into this...

now I have a retarded yet easily answered question.... How do load program? ¯\(°_o)/¯

Joe

AE, you are awesome for putting so much effort into this...

now I have a retarded yet easily answered question.... How do load program? ¯(°_o)/¯

Joe

Check my signature. I have a Nebula and a Nebula Free thread linked. I can update those OPs, so it's easy to answer questions like this.

If did not buy a Nebula license, you can only use the programs I designate as free ones, so you have to use the programs in the Neb Free thread. If you DID buy a Nebula license, which pretty much everyone should do, visit the New Nebula thread. You can load any of the programs I make, including the thirty LA610 programs I made yesterday.

The loading process is the same for both programs: After Nebula is installed, download some cab model programs. Inside the .rar file is two types of files, .n2p and .n2v. The .n2p files go in your Programs folder, and the .n2v files go in your Vectors folder. Then, open or re-open Nebula. The group names are up to 3 characters long on the mini LCD, and mine are under the group AE. Once you click that, the cabs show up on the left side.

You could distribute files using "nebula library installer". It will be easier. Just check the library installer searching it in our forum. You should distribute a zip containing 2 folders, programs and vectors and the exe file. The installation will be easier:
1) unzip
2) launch the installer /or/ copy files manually

But a new feature is coming, starting from version 1.3.252: both N2P and N2V files could be located in "programs" folder -> copying, moving files manually will be a piece of cake, because you'll have a single directory for data.

Astounding! The clarity of Nebula over IRs is like night and day. It’s almost as though what impulses are to basic EQ, Nebula is to impulses. Kudos and many thanks to AE, Giancarlo, and others for pushing the envelope and making this striking advancement in recording a reality. Looking forward to additional samples of fine gear.

Heres my suggestion, its just a thought, but i think it could work for you.

Sample the Head (with your eq set the way you would have it setup with the Cab in the chain) with a pre template (there are many, but for the kind of distortion your after you might want Giancarlo to make one specifically for this) with only the soundcard to input jack back to soundcard from your Heads output.

Then hook up your Cab and Sample it only with a Clean Setting but make it flat on the eq and mediumly loud don't overdo it, and try a clean reverb template or a cab template.

Use the two programs in series for the emulation.

One thing i notice when sampling with a mic, is that all levels should peak at about -10db to -6db max, and -18db rms. Set this in your output in Nat and adjust your mic trim so it is reading the same or just a little more than the output. Nat has good meters so you can get it very accurate.

Good luck with this, I may even try it one day. Right now i am going to sample real spaces though so its on the back burner.

Also the Cab and the Speaker contribute to the sound so a Mic behind and In Front could work Much better than just one.

Regards