First Nebula Test!!!

Something is wrong if the second part is with the Nebula program...
I'm playing over a hour with Wagner Sharp and Nebula and it sounds very different!:loco:

Ok guys i made a better version of the preset craeted by MetalMGH. here is the link, simply download it and copy the .n2p file in your nebulatemprepositry folder. Use this instead of the previous one. It's not a CPU killer, it is optimized.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBUc0wrUzdCTWwzZUE9PQ

Here's the same mixdown i did, but with the setting above, and also 2 less rhythm guitars to reduce the mud a bit.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=564939&songID=7228435

I found the problem!
It was my sample rate that was screwing with the program, I was running 96kHz - now I run it at 44.1kHz and its working!

Dimi, holy shit does that video sound good, and the mp3 ain't bad either! (though a bit dense in the mids, which is certainly what I associate with Wagner - it ain't perfect, but it's free! :D) Kev, that FUCKING RULES dude, nice - I gotta say, I think that's one of the best things I've ever heard from a 5150, possibly because it's using a different power section! I don't find it grainy, but there definitely is a lot of distortion in there, and on that note, here's the lowdown:

Francesco instructed that I use the "distorted pre" session template with 10 kernels; apparently the first kernel models the fundamental sound, and each subsequent kernel models harmonic distortion, so I think the huge differences between my impulse and Nebula sample (and the grain some are hearing) is just loads of Winged-C 6L6 and/or V30 distortion, which certainly isn't a bad thing! However, I agree it might be a bit much, so I'll try some others today; it's just frustrating, cuz making each sample takes 20 minutes, and there are options for 1 kernel (totally clean), 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10! :erk: Decisions, decisions...

By the way Francesco, how did you edit the preset I made to be less CPU-intensive?

If you wanna make it in less time (less then 20 minutes) simply decrease the length of sine sweeps : expert page -> length = for example 20 seconds or 10 seconds. Then when you are sure you can increase the length so as to make a high quality sampling.

Regarding CPU optimization, when you load the preset in Nebula, go to the KERN page and decrease the length of the second and third kernels to its mininum. Look in the kern page at the preset i made and you will understand what to do. Then click save to save the new values.

Sounds great! Nebula2 or 3?
What settings did you use in nebula?

I just loaded the setting in and didnt touch anything lol

Dimi, holy shit does that video sound good, and the mp3 ain't bad either! (though a bit dense in the mids, which is certainly what I associate with Wagner - it ain't perfect, but it's free! :D) Kev, that FUCKING RULES dude, nice - I gotta say, I think that's one of the best things I've ever heard from a 5150, possibly because it's using a different power section! I don't find it grainy, but there definitely is a lot of distortion in there, and on that note, here's the lowdown:

yeh tis a nice vid, good stuff dimi! Cheers Marcus, im not that happy though, i think i did over gain it. Mind you, i've never been satisfied with a guitar tone in my whole life! haha. I'll keep playing tonight :D

P.S My CPU didnt flinch

Thank you so much Metaltastic for the time and effort you put into this. I just got my Nebula 2 license and I'm going to test this out now.

On a side note, running Revalver III in 64 bit mixdown mode sounds much more defined and crisp than the 32 bit mode, but I think the tests I've heard from Nebula are still superior.

No problem man! And guys, I just updated the Nebula Sample link in the first post with the updated preset Francesco posted, so it should be way easier on the CPU!

which sounds closer to the actual miced signal though?

edit: just saw you used a vst... and from looking at the pic i see no amp head, are you using some sort of generic poweramp into the cab?

Marcus - It was well worth my $20 just to hear what you've been able to do thus far, much less than the ability for me to get something like that just using a guitar, RevmkIII and that sample. Simply incredible.

And this is just day 1 and 2 of testing, it'll be mind blowing once you get a hang of the settings!

Am i the only one who would LOVE to hear some Guitarhack´s impulses with nebula?
i am always using his impulses