Help me get Nat 3 and I'll make it worth your while with impulses galore!

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
Well, since people (006, Moonlapse, Abyssofdreams) have voluntarily suggested starting a fund to get me Nat 3 (the software that makes Acusticaudio's version of "impulses" readable only by their free plugin, Nebula 3) before I even thought of asking for one, here's my official thread petitioning for it! These are supposed to be more realistic in capturing the dynamic nature of a cab than impulses, which are inherently a static "snapshot" of the eq curve of the source, and thus noticeably more fake sounding than the real deal, and people seem to really like the impulses I've made so far, so yeah, I think I could put your money to good use!

So the total I would need as far as I can tell is 100 Euros (20 for Nebula 2 + 80 for the Nat 3 upgrade, I can't find a way to buy it standalone :Smug: ), which comes out to around $140 (+$10 for paypal fees, cocksuckers). And I promise I'll make as many as you guys want!

To give you a sample, here's a new batch I just made; they were only to test out the settings on my Rectifier, so I literally stuck the mic at the usual dustcap-edge spot and left it there, so don't judge my placement too harshly ;) However, I made some important discoveries, namely about the presence knob - on the orange channel it controls the amount of treble in the power amp (thus the impulses change noticeably), but as the manual says, on the red channel it has zero effect, so it is indeed in the preamp section.

So that's that! Any more questions, just ask! :) Also, I'm not sure how we'd work out the payment thing; I guess maybe everyone could just paypal me payments (MetalMGH -at- hotmail -dot- com), and then post here when they did so it'd be on the record. And I'd only of course ask for the $150 to cover the program and paypal fees, I'm happy to do the work for the sake of you guys! :headbang:

Awesome, I'd suggest that people who want to donate should post here first and write how much they would donate after all so we have an idea if it would be enough for the program after all.

I'd be in for $20.

or maybe slightly more if just a few $ are missing 'til we hit the jackpot :D

And Mike, far be it for me to dissuade you from giving me money :)D), but aren't you on a Mac, and thus won't be able to get any use from these?

Ok, just emailed Acustica audio to try to get the lowdown on the options, and I have good news and bad news:

The good news is I can get Nat 2 with Nebula 3 for 80 Euros ($110 + $10 for paypal fees), rather than 100 Euros
The bad news is you guys can't use these with the free version, you'll have to buy Nebula 2! :ill: (but at least that's only 20 Euros)

Here's a series of correspondences between me and them:

Me said:
Hi, I'm very interested in purchasing Nat 2 or 3 to make your version of "impulses" (I don't know if you have a name you guys use for 'em) of my guitar amp's power section, and I was wondering what the cheapest option would be for me to be able to do this. I'm not entirely certain about how the whole upgrade thing works, but basically I just want Nat 2 or 3 (what's the difference, by the way?) to be able to make the "impulses" and then use the free version of Nebula 2 or 3 (difference?) to load them.

Thanks a lot!

Them said:
Hello Marcus, i'm Francesco of Acusitca audio.

The thing is so : Nebula2 free or Nebula3 free don't load
impulses created by you or others. You need a commercial
version.

So you are looking for:

1. Nebula2 + Nat2 light = 20 euro. You are able to sample
and then use your preset with Nebula2 but only with 32 bit
precision impulse responses.

2. Nebula3 + Nat2 = 80 euro. You are able to sample and then
use your preset with Nebula3 but with 64 bit precision
impulse responses.

3. Then if you like it you can upgrade to Nebula3
Professional + Nat3 and you will be able to sample evrything
for example the equaliser or the compressor of your guitar
amp.

ME said:
Ah ok, thanks Francesco - so you're saying if I buy Nebula 3 for 80 Euros, it includes Nat 2 at no extra charge? And if I were to upgrade to Nat 3, would the files I created with Nat 3 only be readable by Nebula 3, and not Nebula 2?

Thanks!

Just sent that out, so it'll probably take a bit for him to respond

You are correct, sir. But, I'm one that wants to see impulses "get there," know what I mean? I have a blown up PC that can prolly be salvaged, or there is pricewatch.com's machines (two friends recently purchased a dual and quad core, so far working great...for PCs :p) that go for under $300 so if it's a breakthrough, I'll figure out a way to make use of it. Otherwise, I can at least say I was supporting a good cause :)

~006