Nebula 3 - The new age of impulses

WTF? It works for me...
You can easily find the thread on the Revalver MKIII forum btw, it's called "Nebula VS KeFIR"

i think that the whole site doesnt works for me - seems they got some issues.... maybe you got the pages saved in your browsers cache...

Ok, here is the post:
Ok, so thanks to Teide that has made the Nebula impulse and thanks to Dimitar that reamped my stupid preamp tracks using it, I've been able to make a short comparison between this two technologies...

I've basically extracted the "static" impulse using the tracks processed by Nebula to compare them at the best...
Sadly the impulse is not a great sounding one imho (sorry Teide), but it's pretty good for a test like this...

Here is a snapshot of a frequency analyzer just to show how similar are the Nebula impulse and the one that I've extracted:

http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/42577/NebulaVsImpulse.jpg

Here are the comparison samples:

http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/42577/Nebula.mp3

http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/42577/Impulse.mp3

What do you think?

I can hear a fairly distinct difference. The thing about impulses is that they always sound edgy. Like they're stuck midway through a flanger sweep or something. The other track sounded a bit more natural and smooth. I'd say a better tone would be a better basis for comparison.

hm - may be i wrong but the nebula thing sound dynamically... as the impulse one sounds more flat... maybe im wrong - but thats what i feel

you know thats shit like nebula have quite parts and loud parts - and the impulse thing sounds at the same volume all the time

None:erk:
I dont hear any difference that makes me think "oh, that's a mic'd cab"...
Do you guys hear it? I'm using shitty hi-fi speakers...

I just listened on my pc speakers and honestly while the ideas sound really cool I can't hear a damn difference one way or the other.

I can't really hear a difference from that guy's clips that's substantial enough to make me think it's not impulses. But his tone is pretty awful and his playing is sloppy...

I actually think impulses work just fine for speaker simulation when approached seriously and with some skill (just like miking a real cab, it is very possible to get bad tone if you don't know what you're doing.)

The really exciting thing about Nebula 3 that makes it so revolutionary, is that you can clone harmonic distortion, so you can capture the sound of your preamp and power amp stages, as well as speaker breakup!

I can hear a fairly distinct difference. The thing about impulses is that they always sound edgy. Like they're stuck midway through a flanger sweep or something. The other track sounded a bit more natural and smooth. I'd say a better tone would be a better basis for comparison.

this post r teh luse

None
I dont hear any difference that makes me think "oh, that's a mic'd cab"...
Do you guys hear it? I'm using shitty hi-fi speakers...

theres a massive dynamic differance, i mean i'v heard some rediculas tones being produced were i cant hear a differance, but its the dynamic feel that goes, it looses that live sound, i'm shit at explaining things so i'll stop there.

but once you can notice it, it will stick out like a sore thumb lol

You have to buy it to test it. And they have no clips up. This company may have the most revolutionary product on the market, but they are RETARDED when it comes to marketing.