My new baby!!

Tachy

Senior Fuckers
Dec 9, 2005
In Italy
dual.jpg

Now I'm in the boogie family!
I have some question guys, I'm happy, but not at 100%....this amp is not tight as I espected, probably I must work to find my tone...and I think that I must change the tubes.
How can i find the production years of my head? the serial is R032193, I can't find it in the mesa website.
Do you guys use an overdrive pedal or a boost pedal to tight up your dual?
Thanks!!:Smokin:

congrats...I want another one.

YES, the Recto needs a TS, also it's important to use the SS rectifier and the bold setting.
try this:

ss rectifier
bold
channel 2
modern
pres: 11:00-1:00
Bass: 11:00-12:00
mid: 11:00
trb: 12:00
Gain: 12:30-2:00.

max out the master volume and put the channelvol between 9:00 and 10:00 for the desired volume.

TS:
drive: off
tone: 10:00-12:00
level: 12:00

Thanks lasse, but I have a doubt....in the loop effect I have a midiverb 4, only for some delay I use sometimes....I have the send maxed and the mix to taste....but I don't understand the function of the loop switch...should i USE IT in the footsw? or in the loop on? becouse if I switch it in loop of, I loose the output....I can't understand that thing.......

Looks good dude, very nice! But "Rectifier" and "tight" are very rarely used in the same sentence :D (but a Tube Screamer takes care of that! :headbang: )

Thanks Metaltastic.
ummm, also with a tube screamer is not really tight, probably I have to change all the tubes, and try to see what appen.....what is for you guys the best master channel setting ( channel 2 ) and the best output setting to get the best of the recto sound?
Excuse me , but for me that dual it's a little bitch! but I'm happy to have it!! I'm a little drunked now...sorry......

I'd say Lasse's settings all look good! (at least for a 2 ch. Dual in Modern mode, maybe the 3 ch. is different, but if so, only slightly I'd think! I usually ran the bass at around 11:00 AT MOST on my 2 ch. Dual though, FWIW). And yeah, you might as well change the tubes (Winged C 6L6's baby :headbang: ), but as James said, I wouldn't necessarily expect a night and day difference! Also, try out channel 3 in modern mode, it's identical to channel 2 except the presence knob on channel 3 is much more aggressive (so back it down to like 10:00 I'd say)

I'd say Lasse's settings all look good! (at least for a 2 ch. Dual in Modern mode, maybe the 3 ch. is different, but if so, only slightly I'd think! I usually ran the bass at around 11:00 AT MOST on my 2 ch. Dual though, FWIW). And yeah, you might as well change the tubes (Winged C 6L6's baby :headbang: ), but as James said, I wouldn't necessarily expect a night and day difference! Also, try out channel 3 in modern mode, it's identical to channel 2 except the presence knob on channel 3 is much more aggressive (so back it down to like 10:00 I'd say)

yeah, the second channel on the 3ch recs is similar to the 2nd channel on the 2ch recs. (the presence settings can pretty much be mirrored)

yes, I found the 3rd channel more aggressive in the presence, but also a little scopped in the mids.......I'llpost some clips soon.....

It's a good club to be apart of. That and the 5150 crew.

The 5150 crew is pretty awesome, dual rec is next on my list

@Tachy

for more tightness you turn up the tone knob on your OD pedal. That's the one thing that has bothered me about some OD pedals is that they are active so they will boost some of the parameters.

I use an SD-1 for my 5150 (without it, its completely useless because of mud) but with the tone knob dimed (again other than the op amp all of the circuitry is passive) it has the bright hair metal sound, so with the right OD pedal i think you could turn even the muddiest of amps into a beast.

Thanks a lot guys! I have the maxon od9, and i use it before all my amps, but another doubt is inside of head now, is the od9 god for my recto?...I want to try other pedals to put in front of my recto, MXR MC-402 BOOST/OVERDRIVE is the first in the list.