My New EP Feedback appreciated (hardcore/metal)

nichiz

Feb 13, 2013
Me and my friend have recently realesed our first EP. We are interested to hear your thoughts about the mix and what we can do better in the future.

Last edited:
Vocals seem a little loud in the mix, and a bit too "airy",which makes them lack balls and aggression, overall,the mix is not bad, it lacks a bit of punch though!
The kiock might be a bit low also,and the cymbals sound a bit harsh fromtime to time.
On the other hand, the songs are really cool, I'd love to mix something in that vein!

Yes i agree that the vocals are a little high. In my first mix they where a little too low so i went a little overboard in the final stages. I will have all the feedback in mind when we start the recording on our first album. The EP was more like a experiment in terms of songwriting and sound.

Loved the rhythm guitar and drums. The vocals sounded mildy ticked off but your album is called Full Of Anger. So my comment is to the vocalist, stop sounding like you think you should sound based on other bands and actually tap into your anger. This comment sounds like a negative comment , but it isnt , the tone of your voice is great and your 2 man band has plenty of potential , so keep up the good work.

Loved the rhythm guitar and drums. The vocals sounded mildy ticked off but your album is called Full Of Anger. So my comment is to the vocalist, stop sounding like you think you should sound based on other bands and actually tap into your anger. This comment sounds like a negative comment , but it isnt , the tone of your voice is great and your 2 man band has plenty of potential , so keep up the good work.

Glad u dig the sound. We gonna have the same tones when we record next time but just a little different setting. My friend who sings on the tracks had little time to record them so his voice isnt has good as it could be. I think he recorded all songs in one or two days. Next time we will concentrate on one track at the time so he can make the best takes and i hope it will be more angry then =)