My non-metal review on: Tech N9ne's "K.O.D"

JGMetalhead

Anti-humorizing DL Whore
Mar 22, 2009
New Jersey
---*Album Rating* 73%---

---Overview---
To be honest with you, this is the first album by Tech N9ne I’ve fully listened to. And to be honest, it had some really nice moments. For the first 5 tracks I thought this album was going to be pretty god damn amazing, but after some dragged singing and some stupid skits, this album went pitfall on a major amount of points. But however a majority of the actual songs were actually pretty good and its safe to say that this was a fine album, almost great but not exactly. I’m pretty sure Tech has some better stuff out there; after all I am a fan of his work myself. There was some repetitiveness throughout the album but it stood out which isn’t a bad thing but something most artists should kind of watch out for. Definitely check this album out when you can, I assure you that you won’t be disappointed but I won’t assure you that you will be blown away because I wasn’t.

---Track Rating---

(+1) - Track 1 – Show Me A God -
A booming beginning, then transitions to Tech N9ne’s rap; Pretty good so far, other than the chorus part which was eh where he shouts “Show Me A God”. So far I am to say the least, pleased with this.

(+1) - Track 2 – The Warning -
Here we are track 2, a short but interesting introduction, after the first song. Since it had a nice kick to it, of course once again… Pleasing.

(+1) - Track 3 – Demons -
The beginning intro of the song is nice here. Three 6 Mafia are featured in this song and really it sounds real nice. This song has alot more juice to it than the first track.

(+1) - Track 4 – Blackened The Sun -
Here we go to track 4, again goes smoothly. Tech brings the singing here, really nails it I’m telling you.

(+1) - Track 5 – Strange Music Box -
Now this song right here has a really nice beat that I haven’t really heard before. Really nice clean rap, this album just keeps getting better and better.

(-1) - Track 6 – Sundae -
A short phone message skit, eh I really think it just should have been apart of track 5.

(+1) - Track 7 – Check Yo Temperature -
Another track with a really good kick to it, again this album just keeps getting better and better, other than track 6. Sundae totally rips it up in here.

(+1) - Track 8 – B. Boy -
A really nice beat here to start it off, again another song with a great kick to it. This album is again just getting better and better.

(+1) - Track 9 – Hunterish -
Another good song, keep it up Tech, your killin’ it man. The only complaint I have for this song is the whole thing were the choral line “Hunterish” is repeated.

(-1) - Track 10 – The Pick Up -
Another skit, eh kind of stupid but the end wasn’t bad.

(+1) - Track 11 – In The Trunk -
The beat is ok, however the rap is great, this track stands out well besides the “Threw her in the trunk” female chorus that was eh.

(+1) - Track 12 – Pinocchiho -
A bit short but the rap is still quite nice, also a little bit weird but still pleasing.

(+1) - Track 13 – Horns -
Really cool beat, again good rap as well; picking up the pace a little better than of the last song.

(-1) - Track 14 – Interview with Jason Whitlock -
I don’t see the point of rappers putting these in their albums, so pointless… Even though the piano thing thrown in there gives it a better vibe, it just doesn’t add enough to it.

(+1) - Track 15 – It Was An Accident -
Cool electronical beginning. Song flows nicely, not completely mind blowing but another good for the album even though the last 40 seconds should be on the other track.

(+1) - Track 16 – Shadows On The Road -
The last track transitions to this one. Ths song had an acoustic beat to it that was quite interesting. The singing dragged a tiny bit but mostly good, however rather another good for the album.

(+1) - Track 17 – Low -
Ok the beginning is a bit too much, why do some rappers have to gloat about themselves… Other than that this song is quite tight.

(-1) - Track 18 – Messages -
Another stupid skit and here we go with another downer for the album.

(+1) - Track 19 – Killing You -
The last song transitions to this one. The rap is nice as usual. Gets pretty tight. Another good for this album.

(+1) - Track 20 – Leave Me Alone -
Beginning is alright, the rap comes in a little after and it starts to sound a bit tight until the “Stay Away From Me/Leave Me Alone” singing comes up and lames it out a bit. It’s still a fine song though otherwise.

(-1) - Track 21 – Prayer (By Brother K.T.) -
Another stupid skit, another downer for the album.

(+1) - Track 22 – K.O.D -
A very nice piano beginning to start off the title track; the rap later comes in after a bit. Quite a tight track.

(-1) - Track 23 – The Martini -
A tight beginning that transitions into nice rap. This song was kind of ruined because Krizz lamed it out with the singing and it kind of grew old.

Last edited by a moderator: