My review on: Lamb Of God's "Wrath"

JGMetalhead

Anti-humorizing DL Whore
Mar 22, 2009
New Jersey
---*Album Rating* 76%---

---Introduction---
A lot of people have been saying a lot of shit about Lamb Of God’s Wrath. You either like them or hate them. I say if you don’t like it, you shouldn’t be listening to anything by Lamb Of God in the first place besides New American Gospel. Wrath is definitely good for what it is. In fact I was quite surprised and thought to myself that this is a great comeback of Sacrament. Unlike Sacrament, Wrath actually keeps its consistency as a groovy raw Lamb Of God album. This is as raw Lamb of God can get besides As The Palaces Burn and Ashes Of The Wake. In fact this is one of the best releases I have heard by them. For some or a good amount of listeners from the underground mainly, this would probably be a slightly boring album and not your cup of tea. Well if you’re not a fan of the band or groove metal, then don’t bother but if you’re a fan, this is highly recommended. In fact it’s definitely worth listening to and seriously screw the naysayers. I would definitely agree that this isn’t a perfect album and there are definitely a better variety of releases this year. But still this is a fine album.

---Track Rating---

- (+1) Track 1 – The Passing ->
This is a great opening, the acoustic is great. Short but good and quite what to expect from an ordinary intro.

- (+1) Track 2 – In Your Words -> [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfVmEs7wlZc&feature=related[/ame]
So off to the first track, the start is ok but it gets better as it works through. The raw grooves kick in from here. It ends up pretty good and shows relevance to some of their past releases. The main riffs could of probably been better but they work.

- (+1) Track 3 – Set To Fail ->
Third track of the album and still has that raw sound to it which is quite fine. For a music video however, there was plenty of better selections on the album but this one did fine. Really good kickoff in the beginning and surely progresses nicely.

- (+1) Track 4 – Contractor ->
Again yet another raw song that keeps the album consistent and still quite nice.

- (+1) Track 5 – Fake Messiah ->
The beginning is a bit meh but it works its way in. It still turns out to be a fine song. Could have been a bit better but seems kinda fine the way it is. Sadly probably the worst song on the album but not bad and however not too great.

- (+1) Track 6 – Grace ->
This track has a very good opening to it. It kicks in very well as well, probably one of the best songs on the album.

- (+1) Track 7 – Broken Hands ->
Another raw sounding track on the album. So far this album has demonstrated Lamb Of God’s signature sound at a rising point. Another best song on the album.

- (+1) Track 8 – Dead Seeds ->
Again, more raw consistent song structure. This is exactly what I’ve been waiting for on terms with Lamb Of God. Really just some groovy headbangable ass kicking riffing guitars with good quality vocals showing the powerful signature work.

- (+1) Track 9 – Everything To Nothing ->
Good opening riffs I have to say. Still has its consistency but the vocal blast at the beginning was kind of random but it faded quick so no big deal.

- (+1) Track 10 – Choke Sermon ->
Another great song on the album. Really enough said, flows through nicely.

- (+1) Track 11 – Reclamation ->
Nice beginning, so far the song is working out nicely. The booming of the riffs come in a little bit after. Still quite consistent.

- (+1) *Bonus* Track 12 – We Die Alone ->
Now for the first bonus track on the album, this really is quite nice. Good work so far guys.

- (+1) *Bonus* Track 13 – Shoulder Of Your God ->
Again another great track on the album, also a bonus track.

- (+1) *Bonus* Track 14 – Condemn The Hive ->
Here it is, the Japanese bonus track. It’s quite good as well. Enough said.

Last edited by a moderator: