My Opinion of this reunion is ....

anthraxgod

Feb 2, 2002
so cal
Visit site
.... I am done.

I'm done with this.

As some of you know, I don't post here often unless it's important. Well, it can't get any more important than this. And i'm pissed.

I remember back in H.S. with the Cliq I hung out with. We all had our favorite band. Whether it was Metallica, Megadeth, Exodus, Maiden, Slayer, Testament, Manowar, Flotsam and Jetsom, Vio-lence, we all loved our fav band to death. Mine was Anthrax.

I mean imagine my fkn delight when they teamed up w/ my favorite (and greatest) Rap band P.E. and did 'Bring the Noise'? Man i played that song to death. That was awesome!!

Imagine how stoked I was when they signed with Elektra. Finally a chance to sign with a major label and get them exposed like Metallica did a few months before.

Imagine how concerned I was when they ditched Joey for John. 'The dude from Armored Saint?' was what I thought. 'They're gonna suck!'.

Well, 'Sound of White Noise' came out & became - to me - the best metal album of the '90s. And top 5 album of the '90s along with 'Nevermind', 'Superunknown', 'The Downward Spiral', and 'Vulgar Display of Power'. This album was their crowning achievement!

Bush's vocals added an edge that Metallica was looking for in the Black album and Megadeth was looking for in Countdown. His voice willed the band to be the biggest, baddest and best of the Big 4. They were awesome!!! And i was stoked!!!

Jump 12 years and me backing this band like no other and we get the official news today. Joey is in and Bush ... well only the future will tell.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT??!!

The best thing to happen to the band and the coolest member of the band and he is kicked out. Read between the lines guys. Even though Scott and Charlie may not have said so, it's done. The 12 best years of music down the drain for money. AND EVEN THEY FKD THAT UP BY NOT BEING ON OZZFEST??!!!

Are you fkn kidding me?!

Guys I've hung out with John Bush when he did his Metal night in Hollywood. He let me hear the demos for Revelation before it came out. He sang 'No Me Digas' in spanish!!! We talked about Metal w/ him, Frankie, and Zach Throne and i talked to him and Zakk Wylde over metal. He sang happy b-day to my wife and even gave me a gift for my wedding!!!

And he's out of Anthrax. Even if he's not, mentally will he want to come back? It's like a girflriend who wants to fuck an ex just for the nostalgia. I say John tell them thanks for the last 12 years. We made some of the best, unheard music ever to be put on CD and i wish you all the best.

BUT YOU GUYS FUCKED UP??!!

Scott Simmons and Charlie Stanley jsut pulled a 180 with credibilty and fucked John Bush, Rob C., the hardcore fans and ME in the ass!!!

Good luck with everything guys. Thanks for putting out what was possibly the best 12 years span of music since Maiden's run of Iron Maiden thru 7th Son. But you won't get another penny from me.

Guys you don't get it. It's like when Kobe wanted Shaq and Phil to leave so he can have control. It may sound good on paper but it's fkd and flawed. Just like this 'REUNION'.

And if Joey starts singing 'What Doesn't Die' ......

Thanks for all the laughs and posts here guys. I've enjoyed them. You guys here on the message board have made my life happier when I've had shitty moments. But it's come to an end. I can't be here anymore.

If i ever post again it'll be because I've tracked Bush down and did an interview. Or because I've sold out. Anything is possible.

OVER, FINISHED, GONE, DONE, OUT ..... SEE-YA

ANTHRAXGOD

(real name Guillermo Tovar - hey at least I've got Batman)

it kinda stinks, as i was reading an interview with scott ian a few months back saying how much joey irritated him with his indian head dress antics and he had to go. fast forward a couple of months joeys back and the guy who just left a year ago returns. £££ talks by the sound of it.

but perhaps bush has left to adapt to family life as he has a kid now, or this is a temporary thing?????? but they sure did a good job at avoiding the bush topic.

The way I see it,if this reunion turns out to be a success for Anthrax ($$$$) they will do an album with joey,if this sinks they'll be back with john,in the radio press they said this could end tommorrow!! :Spin:

Man just the thought of Joey singing Think About An End and W.C.F.Y.A, two of my favorite 'thrax songs, doesn't sit to well. Like you said, he just doesn't have the edge that Bush had.

For the record... if Joey were to sing "What Doesn't Die" you would sadly be exposed to the Joey remixed version of "wutduzinDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, YEAH"

I don't think they'll have Joey try and sing the Bush songs... he's too much a 1 trick pony who can't pull off the growl with his operatic wailing.

Everyone needs to quit the goddamn biching over this reuinion already. godalmightydamn if this shit isn't getting old.

We're getting overrun by a million rude, know it all fuckers from the Blabbermouth and Megadeth forums and I think that's a bigger issue than the reuinion.

There have been a lot of reunions lately but this is really the first one that´s "controversial" among the diehard fans. The bands´ diehard fans wanted KISS, Maiden, Sabbath or Priest back in the original lineup but Anthrax...
Obviously this is not really what the fans long for and I just hate the total lack of information. I was hoping that press conference would clear some things but that´s definitely not the case. We´re still speculating.