My Opinion of this reunion is ....

anthrax just lost a lot of credibility.
screw 'em.
they don't even inform us fans about what is up with bush and rob.
remember they didn't tell us that frank left. or did they 2 weeks after we all read it on blabbermouth. and it wasn't even a proper statement.

how can they do a 180 and play with joey and danny after they've not even expressed any interest in doing so over the last 12 years??

all i can think is it's down to money and screw all credibility.

Since when is letting go of a grudge such a bad thing? Do you guys really think this lineup will make more money? I doubt it. Anthrax had more success with Bush anyway...

I prefer the Bush years as much as anyone else does, and I sincerely hope that this "reunion" will only last a few months, but all the same, I am supportive of Anthrax in their decision, and I will continue to support them, because they are one of the best bands making music.

John Bush and Rob Caggiano together helped forge what I believe is the strongest Anthrax album to date, and I very much hope that their next studio album will be with that lineup.

I think you should all stop complaining. Bands change, reunite and evolve. Who knows what the future holds. You should be greatful that Anthrax aren't putting out music like Metallica.

GregadetH said:
Everyone needs to quit the goddamn biching over this reuinion already. godalmightydamn if this shit isn't getting old.

Hmm, being an ANTHRAX message board, I would expect people to talk about the HUGE Anthrax news going. I would expect that more and appreciate that more than, say, talk about video games, movies, anal sex, Taco Bell, working at Sam's Club and a myriad of other unrelated things we talk about on this board. Not that I am complaining about those topics, I am just saying, this is more relevent to the topic at hand. And anthraxgod is cool with me.

GregadetH said:
We're getting overrun by a million rude, know it all fuckers from the Blabbermouth and Megadeth forums and I think that's a bigger issue than the reuinion.

No, I am pretty sure the reunion of the old Anthrax lineup is bigger news than what is happening on the message board.

Kazrog said:
Anthrax had more success with Bush anyway...

I guess that depends on how you define success. If you've seen the Soundscan figures, Anthrax's records sales drop exponentially with each subsequent release:

ANTHRAX - Sound Of White Noise: 511,105
ANTHRAX - Stomp 442: 114,974
ANTHRAX - Volume 8: 77,858
ANTHRAX - We've Come For You All: 61,561

Looking at these figures is it a suprise that they're doing this reunion ? It isn't called The Music BUSINESS for nothing folks.

jdelpi said:
Hmm, being an ANTHRAX message board, I would expect people to talk about the HUGE Anthrax news going. I would expect that more and appreciate that more than, say, talk about video games, movies, anal sex, Taco Bell, working at Sam's Club and a myriad of other unrelated things we talk about on this board. Not that I am complaining about those topics, I am just saying, this is more relevent to the topic at hand. And anthraxgod is cool with me.

No, I am pretty sure the reunion of the old Anthrax lineup is bigger news than what is happening on the message board.

I'm elated that you devoted so much time to me, Justin.

those figures cant be worldwide surely?!?!!? whcfya did really well in europe .......it must have sold better than volume 8, cos that was virtually impossible to get hold of over here

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
they will only play songs from F.O.M thru P.O.T

Yeah hopefully NOT everything they've been playing forever w. or w/o John. If it's the same and they add two oldies....wouldn't all this be more than just that?? I hope so! But the tour starts @ the end of the month. If I was a gambling man....Most songs from 'TGOTE' w. maybe one/two new(old) one's as the tour, hopefully, accumulates. The rest of the summer is a wash for the States anyways. Fuck everything for the moment. Yes, I'm leaning towards Anthraxgod and yes Gregdeth there's way too much BS on here for myself to really look foward to on this site for awhile. Ultimately, for myself, it's a ball of confusion.:confused:

Apu Nahasapeemapetilon said:
There have been a lot of reunions lately but this is really the first one that´s "controversial" among the diehard fans. The bands´ diehard fans wanted KISS, Maiden, Sabbath or Priest back in the original lineup but Anthrax...
Obviously this is not really what the fans long for

This, I believe, is mostly due to the fact that we felt that Anthrax had so much more to offer, whereas others (i.e. Kiss, Sabbath and others) actually HAVE to rely on their past in order to survive... They are not able to top themselves, and have to use their own bag of cheap old tricks to stay in the ring much longer than they should (kinda like Ric Flair :loco: ) Anthrax had a good thing going on with WCFYA and MOMD, and this reunion seems meaningless to me.

jdelpi said:
You mean like the time you devote to telling everyone not to express their opinions?

You know, for a moderator you sure are a dick. You love to stir shit. All I said was I'm tired of the bitching. Whooo, gotta quote me w/ smartass remarks for that!

You're just glad to see that the band whos nuts you swing on all day and night has a message board full of ppl now.