My Opinion of this reunion is ....

GregadetH said:
You know, for a moderator you sure are a dick. You love to stir shit. All I said was I'm tired of the bitching. Whooo, gotta quote me w/ smartass remarks for that!

You're just glad to see that the band whos nuts you swing on all day and night has a message board full of ppl now.

Oh, I swing on their nuts, do I? Ask Charlie or Scott what I said about the reunion.

I'm just defending people on speaking out (what you call bitching). That's what an Anthrax board is for. It's HUGE, HUGE news.

And you think I'm a dick? You've obviously never met Brentney.

jdelpi said:
Oh, I swing on their nuts, do I? Ask Charlie or Scott what I said about the reunion.

I'm just defending people on speaking out (what you call bitching). That's what an Anthrax board is for. It's HUGE, HUGE news.

And you think I'm a dick? You've obviously never met Brentney.

That's your problem, you're the great "defender of the people" lately. My opinion is that it's old and we don't need 40 threads devoted to it. What about respecting and defending my opinion?

Then again, you've always been a smug son of a biscuit.

GregadetH said:
That's your problem, you're the great "defender of the people" lately. My opinion is that it's old and we don't need 40 threads devoted to it. What about respecting and defending my opinion?

Of course I respect your opinion to hate seeing everyone else's opinion.

has got to be a joke, right?

i am devestated. i can't believe they are going back to the clown days. how will scott and charlie ever look their fans in the face again?

what a nightmare. i can't take it. i'm going to take a handful of sleeping pills and hope that when i wake up this will be all over.

please guys, tell me this is an april fools' thing...

GregadetH said:

It's only one of the biggest moments in 20+ year history of the band, and it involves replacing the lead singer of the last 12 years with the guy he replaced...

The "official" announcement was less than 48 hours ago... did you expect a couple threads that day and that would be it? Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be some conch threads up on here after this dies down... just give it more than a day.

loutibbs said:
has got to be a joke, right?

i am devestated. i can't believe they are going back to the clown days. how will scott and charlie ever look their fans in the face again?

what a nightmare. i can't take it. i'm going to take a handful of sleeping pills and hope that when i wake up this will be all over.

please guys, tell me this is an april fools' thing...

Now that it's April 3, I think it's safe to assume it's no joke.

And clown days? Sure, they had a goofy image back then, but they also had some good fucking albums. And it wasn't really Joey or Danny who were responsible for the image.

I prefer John and Rob too, but insulting the band's past is not good in my book.

look, those records were good for the time. they were kids, they had fun, and so did i. but face it, belladonna always held them back from achieving their potential. once bush joined, this band began to reach new heights. wcfya was an unbelievable accomplishment. for them to retard their progress with this unbelievably dumb stunt is just insane.

My opinion is that the idea for this reunion sucks and blows. As you'll see further down, this whole thing just rings with an air of falseness. I've seen 'Thrax with Joey and John; and Joey, in my opinion, just doesn't have the sheer charisma onstage that John has, as was proven at the beginning of the Sound of White Noise tour at the first show in Tijuana at Iguanas. I've seen John perform with them more than I've seen them with Joey. John's just better at it.

VoreLord said:
I guess that depends on how you define success. If you've seen the Soundscan figures, Anthrax's records sales drop exponentially with each subsequent release:

ANTHRAX - Sound Of White Noise: 511,105
ANTHRAX - Stomp 442: 114,974
ANTHRAX - Volume 8: 77,858
ANTHRAX - We've Come For You All: 61,561

Looking at these figures is it a suprise that they're doing this reunion ? It isn't called The Music BUSINESS for nothing folks.

See, this is what it's all about. As good a live act as Anthrax is with John, they can't pull in the numbers like they used to, either through sales of discs or tickets.

The band getting back together with Joey, Dan and Frank just feels completely wrong and being done for all the wrong reasons. To me, it simply feels like the band is throwing John, Rob and the fans under the bus.

And, apart from all the negative commentary that I've seen here, I haven't even heard much reaction from people in general regarding this reunion, even from my friends. Either news of this isn't getting out, or nobody cares.

Rumor has it that this was the only way that Sharon would let them on the Ozzfest. I've been listening to 'Thrax since 1985 when one of the football players at my high school turned me on to them. Looks like I'll be wandering the concourse area buying shirts from Room 13 and from the other bands. I really have no desire to see this reunion. :bah:

I don't post much and I won't post on this topic again so listen up:

It isn't as if each and every one of us gets a vote on this. It's done. Every decision a band makes isn't necessarily based the fans and the opinions they spew forth. If they want to 'recapture the magic', then I say go for it. It isn't as if we need to burn our Bush-era CD's ya know. Anthrax has always done what made them happy as a band but also as individuals. Rob will keep busy with producing and John is busy with a new family. Rebuilding old bridges may be something they need to do. If it starts breaking down again and things can not be fixed, then another decision will be made. For themselves. Not for any of you. Not for me. All any of us can do is wait for the result before judging it.
:Smug:
~PK

I was a fan back in the Joey days and I thought the music was killer...
Although I stopped following the bands music for awhile I think that Bushes
vocals with the band were killer as well.. It's kind of lame to say the band is
doing this reunion for the money.. I saw the priest when Rob came back. When
the show was over and people started to leave Rob came back out to thank the crowd. You could tell he loved being back in the band..

Maybe this reunion is just something the band really feels they need or want to do..
Can't knock em for that.. Of course if your knocking any band for making their own desicions then that's pretty shitty of you any ways..

Rock On Anthrax!!!

loutibbs said:
look, those records were good for the time. they were kids, they had fun, and so did i. but face it, belladonna always held them back from achieving their potential. once bush joined, this band began to reach new heights. wcfya was an unbelievable accomplishment. for them to retard their progress with this unbelievably dumb stunt is just insane.

well said! they're making a huge mistake, imo.