My petition for changes to the forum

I know it's a lame thing to do but I'll quote myself

For example, I don't think it's fair to write off Joey for using modelling and slate drums since he puts an enormous amount of effort and detail into his work. Another example: most of us know Ermz is also one of the really dedicated guys yet he had to resort to impulses for a mix, does that make him an instant amateur? I'm not trying to justify myself for using impulses and samples (whenever possible I always go for the real thing, especially with drums) it's just that I'd like the division to be as fair and meaningful as possible and not dictated by some hatred towards using impulses, etc. (if that is the case).

Dude, couldn't agree more - in fact, I knew I remembered a post like that and wanted to copy/paste it here, though I forgot it was you that wrote it and couldn't find it - so thanks for that! :D

As for choosing mods, we could make a thread in which everyone can recommend someone new and after a few pages there can be a poll with all of the people that have been recommended.

Well I personally vote Lasse, since he strikes me as a very patient and level-headed dude! :headbang: (and you can't beat that German efficiency at...cleanliness :lol: )

Lasse and Marcus as mods is cool with me especially if you clean up all the stupid teenage mentally posts that have crept on to this forum over the past 6 months

Yeah I'd vote for him, too, as long as he doesn't ban everyone that posts the word "impulse", "wagner", "superior", "slate" , etc. :saint:

I'd also vote for Burny, Ermz and Ola off the top of my head

Lasse and Marcus as mods is cool with me especially if you clean up all the stupid teenage mentally posts that have crept on to this forum over the past 6 months

Big +1 on Lasse and Marcus, both always come off as pretty sound, rational and diplomatic dudes.

Although judging by Lasse's last post, maybe I underestimate his potential to go power crazy :lol:

I find it funny that we are deciding the direction of something none of us "own" - I'm all for distinctions along the lines of methods used and/or rate my song/mix/tone subdivisions, but not really for classifications of members as that type of shit just reeks of cliques. Regardless I'll keep reading and using what I find useful after trying it out for myself. Like Shadow Walker said - it has to be fair and not based upon some singular or personal definition of what is "pro" and what constitutes "real" methods.

I'd be fine with just splitting the Rate my Mix foum into modelling (drums and guit) and real recordings.

also we need a mod that's online often enough and mercyless enough to ban tools and trolls.
This would be my preference....dividing it into bedroom/band or mic/modeled.
And I defintely agree about the mod. I don't think Brett even visits anymore.

i think splitting the rate my mix section into like bedroom stuff and full band stuff would be better - im not a bedroom guy at all, but sometimes bands i work with want to use programmed drums (even though i prefer live drums).

Yeah, or, as another example, if you have someone like Joey, who does professional band work with just the line 6 modelling stuff. So that way definately makes more sense.

To quote from the bitching thread though:

I am a hobbyist. So I will have to lay down a few tracks, go to the "hobbyist" part of the forum, post my mix, check in a few days, see it has 2 replies with hundreds of looks, and those 2 replies are from other hobbyists just like myself saying, sounds good dude, but I cant say much as I am only a hobbyist to. While the people that are actually great at what they are doing are hanging in the "Pro" section. Hhhmmm. So I decide I cant get enough info that I need to go forward, so I step up and post in the Pro section, and then I would be told to go and post in the Hobbyist section. Clusterfuck and confusing!:heh:

Yup, I too worry about this, I'm definitely a hobbyist in attitude but to me that only means I have zero desire to do this professionally, I still want my stuff to sound as good as possible, so the input of pros is much appreciated!

Marcus' OP contains the gold here. That would keep it clear. A larger percentage of the modelling crowd would only be posting in the rate my tone.

All the modelling and real splits etc. are just going to cause problems. I know for sure that i'd find myself ignoring the modelling forum because of all the shite in it and in the process i would likely miss out on some awesome stuff (joey's work comes to mind)

There could be 2 mods (or more) each of them modering different subforums.

The problem of Lasse and Marcus is that they will delete every thread supporting other brands but Mesa Boogie... and you are in danger of being banned if your do not own a rectifier!

+ 10 to all.