My petition for changes to the forum

:lol:

One forum which probably will need a hard moderation in the future is the Gear Trading. This kind of second hand forums ends having new users that register only to sell their gear, and then comes the unpayments, gear broken, and many other problems. I'm in a well known spanish guitar forum and there are many nazi fucking rules in the trading subforum, otherwise it would be out of control andbe a nest of swindlers.

I agree with this. I think that I know what forum you are talking about hehe.
If the Gear For Sale subforum starts to grow, someone to moderate its a must.

Relax guys, Lasse's taking care of it.
Also realise that when it comes to Gear For Sale or anything of that nature, a certain amount of common sense is not only required, but mandatory. The regulars know the regulars, and I know I wouldn't dream of buying anything off of anyone else.

The problem that everyone seems to be missing (here and in the Mod Vote thread) is that we can't vote people smart.

Jeff

Also realise that when it comes to Gear For Sale or anything of that nature, a certain amount of common sense is not only required, but mandatory. The regulars know the regulars, and I know I wouldn't dream of buying anything off of anyone else.

this.

I agree there (having only purchased things through trusted members who provided me with enough information to exact retribution) but that wasn't the entirety of the problem I was referring to.

Jeff

The powers that be should also add an "Elite" sub. Only the "pros" can post but anyone could read. ;)

This is a sticky thing...

You would have to define who the "pros" are. Obviously Andy is, but nowadays even bedroom hobbyists are turning out pretty awesome recordings that compete at a "pro" level. Would the hobbyists that do good work be defined as "pro"? If so, who is doing the judging?

I work in the audio industry for a living, but I've never worked on projects that gave me credits. I've worked with bands on decent sized labels (Century Media), but it was their projects and not actual releases. Does this make me a pro or a hobbyist even though it is how I make my living?

Too grey of an area and someone would have to be in charge of deciding who is the pro and who isn't.

This is a sticky thing...

You would have to define who the "pros" are. Obviously Andy is, but nowadays even bedroom hobbyists are turning out pretty awesome recordings that compete at a "pro" level. Would the hobbyists that do good work be defined as "pro"? If so, who is doing the judging?

I work in the audio industry for a living, but I've never worked on projects that gave me credits. I've worked with bands on decent sized labels (Century Media), but it was their projects and not actual releases. Does this make me a pro or a hobbyist even though it is how I make my living?

Too grey of an area and someone would have to be in charge of deciding who is the pro and who isn't.

:heh: I wasn't being serious. Thought the ";)" gave it away.

Haha, well thanks guys, I appreciate it, and I certainly would be happy to if it was offered (and think I could do a good, fair job) - but in no way am I gonna personally gonna push for it, cuz something tells me not everyone would be as crazy about the idea ;)

You're right.

It should totally be me, as a relative newcomer to the forum I am totally unaware of previous feuds and all the other silliness that comes with most forums. So I am in the perfect position to be objective and even handed.

:oops:

I think that's a cool idea, the tone test area could perhaps be called Tone tests/WIP? I'd like it if the rate my mix section was for complete stuff, not incomplete songs (or even just a few riffs) with complete mixes or the other way around. I'm not sure if the rate my song section is needed that much (as in it might not become very popular), but it could be nice to get tips for songwriting stuff too.

Rate my Mix
Rate my Song
Tone Tests

I dont mix anything else bar my own band? theres not
much difference in those sub genres for me.
Im sure alot of other people on here do the same.

so..... if i write my own song and mix it do i just pick and mix where to post it?

and does it really matter if the song is any good?
I thought the point in this forum was to post mixes (regardless if the song is good)
not to criticise peoples writting abilities, i think this is a bad idea.

if someone posts a song that someone else has mixed then they should give credit where due
and thats that.

actually reading past posts i say we just leave everything the way it is!

You'd simply post in the sub-forum that best represents your current priority (mix, tone or song).

I've already given my arguments for the division, if it happens - cool, if not - no biggie. I catch myself reading usernames instead of thread titles more and more often, anyway.