My PP5 wishlist/idea list.

Metalmilitia2000

UM's Resident Asshole
Apr 22, 2003
Maplewood, Minnesota
www.facebook.com
i have a suggestion for some bands for progpower 5. here goes...

1. Savatage - Jon said that they would be there one way or the other.

2. Manticora - i bought hyperion at the show, and they are awesome, they sound like a faster, better blind guardian. a song by them, cantos, is on the PP3 Sampler.

3. Eidolon - see the other thread for them, i think they would rule for PP5

4. Magistral - this band rocks, see the other thread for them

5. Sonata Arctica - They are one of the most talented bands in the genre today i believe, and glenn said that they were on the small list of bands that he would like to bring to progpower.

6. Iced Earth - I think they should be there because i think a lot of people were expecting them at 4 but some things happened and they weren't there.

7. Death Machine - they coule be the oddball band there next year, the sound a lot like a mixture between meshuggah and soilwork. It is also a side project form some members of Zero Hour. A demo of thier's was handed out at Progpower 3.

8. Cage - yes, they are an american band, but they hardly ever play here. They mostly do festivals abroad. They are cheesy power metal, but they are a very talented group of individuals.

9. Nocturnal Rites - Enough Said.

10. Theocracy - I think that Theocracy would be a great candidate for progpower 5, as long as Matt can get a band together that he is comfortable playing live with.

AND MY FINALE... If Iced Earth couldn't make it, what about a special show done my Demons and Wizards, i think it would be cool, because if i am not mistaken, they never toured. And i think it would be a special type event celebrating the 5th anniversary of the ProgPower Festival.

This isn't a show, i am just suggesting bands, i am not expecting all of these bands to be at the same progpower.

The Gathering - that's a band I would truly love to see!

Porcupine Tree

Iced Earth

Planet X (Derek Sherinian, Tony McAlpine, etal)

OSI (Mike Portnoy, Sean Malone, etal)

Opeth

Oh and one more - Anathema

I love these threads, I can't get enough of them, and there will be sooo many by next spring when Glenn starts wow-ing us again..

Manticora I thought would have beeen at 4, I had $$ on it, I have all 3 releases and they're great!

To my recollection Demons & Wizards did one show that I think I heard about some time ago, I could be wrong, but something rings a flat bell in my skull.

There's just so many damn good bands that I'd like to see at PP (because lord knows I won't see them any other way by the looks of it).

I'd like to throw out a few;

BRAINSTORM (they get all caps)

Conspiracy

Manticora

Savatage

Iced Earth

Sonata Arctica

Dream Evil

Iron Savior

Manowar (put those stones down! these guuys are great and you all know it hehehhe)

Amaran

Lullacry

Primal Fear

Kamelot (never seen them yet)

Edenbridge

Lana Lane

Arthemis

Shaman

Helloween

At Vance

Therion (w/ complete orchestra, a long shot, I have better chance of winning Florida lotto)

Zandelle

Thunderstone

Hammerfall

I could go on and on.. just sooo many good bands.

Demons & Wizards did a full tour after they released the album. My friend, Ritchie Wilkison, who played for Angel Dust at PPII, played lead guitar for them on tour.

Stratovarius
Angra
Sonata Arctica
Savatage
Vanden plas(again!)
Fates Warning
John Arch
Magistral
Dragonforce
Falconer

*You notice that sonata arctica's almost on everyone's list.Just as long as I see them and magistral i will be very happy.I would love to see Stratovarius, they are my favorite power metal band ever, but i Know thier expensive to get.I would like to see them at atleast 1 progpower.dragonforce would be cool too.

I would have to agree with dargor here, I have noticed that in reading through all the lists people want to see at PP5, Sonata Arctica seems to be on half the lists. my question is, where is it posted or where was it said that Sonata was one of the small list of bands glenn wanted to see? I read the earlier post that said this but cant find it anywhere. I would pay the 125 dollars plus just to see them live. But they would need no less than a number 3 slot. they have 3 albums and far too much talent to be placed in an opening or second opening act.

I think Sonata Arctica needs a new singer because he is not very good live. He sounds fine on the albums, but on that live CD he sounds pretty weak, and based on what I have heard from others who have seen SA live, he is not a very good live singer. Maybe he'll get better, who knows, but I truly think he is not up to par with the rest of his bandmates (similar case to James LaBrie and Dream Theater)

I am completely satisfied with their singer and their live album. I would agree that, at times, his voice can sound a little weak due to having to compete with over powering music, but I however have also found that in various other bands that have attended previous PP's. I have 2 videos of them in concert and I think he fits in about as well live as most other bands (based on the 2 vids I have of them). What gives Sonata their sound is the singers unique sounding voice and the lyrics they write; also written by the singer. If you replace him, you have a completely different sound and completely different lyrical content. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have read good reviews of their concerts and I have read bad reviews, my only stance is that this is my favorite band and I would like to have the opportunity to see them live and would not want to see them anywhere else other than in a PP environment.

ghostofwinter said:
I would have to agree with dargor here, I have noticed that in reading through all the lists people want to see at PP5, Sonata Arctica seems to be on half the lists. my question is, where is it posted or where was it said that Sonata was one of the small list of bands glenn wanted to see? I read the earlier post that said this but cant find it anywhere. I would pay the 125 dollars plus just to see them live. But they would need no less than a number 3 slot. they have 3 albums and far too much talent to be placed in an opening or second opening act.

Glenn didn't post that, i asked him about getting SA when i was at PP4 when he was walking around, and he said that they were on the short list, he told my friend and i both that while we were standing by the sound man's area before glenn went down the stairs.

-Brent

Thanks for the post Milita :) With Sonata being my favorite band, I, of course, went looking for a posting from glenn or someone confirming it. Didn't know he told ya. Either way, it gives me hope now that they will be invited for PP5, thanks again for the post

MANOWAR would absolutely rule at PPV! Anyone who doesn't want them there has probably never had the privilege of seeing them live. They aren't called the Kings Of Metal for nothing! All hail...MANOWAR!

Speaking of MANOWAR, there are 2 other German bands quite similar in style and sound to MANOWAR who would also rule at PPV. They are WIZARD and GUN BARREL! These three bands alone would dominate the proceedings.