My prodction on SCUZZ and MTV (First time posting)

almost all of the entertainment and media that i experience is either in stereo or surround sound

music video in mono? try 1993

not 2010

I mean people in general, not you, a professional AE who constantly pays attention to what and how he is hearing. I often run into hearing mono music at malls, from a portable radio at work, from the radio in our kitchen, from older TV's, in the bus radio, my laptop... It might seem stupid but this is actually how a lot of people enjoy music, and it shouldn't be disregarded without giving some thought first.

It might be just me and what I've been taught but I wouldn't call checking mono compatibility exactly a prehistoric engineering relic. But hey, it is the age of POD's and samples, isn't it ;)

I love that snare. Jesus.

But just curious..
I was listening to the other song on the myspace, and there is a definite difference between the 2 productions. Did you do both?

If so, the snare in the second song sounds a little fatiguing. It's like the same sample everytime. (Same hit velocity)

Did you use dynamic sampling?

Just curious, but it's a great production!
Just something I noticed. :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Thanks man, yeah that first track was an oooold recording, way before i discovered both this forum and multisample triggering. I wish i could turn back time and re do it with the abilities i have now, but thats life ay.

Well, when do you guys hear stereo? Pretty much only when you are exactly between two speakers and near enough. Stand somewhere else and your precious stereo is gone.

Well, when do you guys hear stereo? Pretty much only when you are exactly between two speakers and near enough. Stand somewhere else and your precious stereo is gone.

not true

the imaging might be fucked, but you're still hearing in stereo

This sounds really good. Great work. To bad about the video though. Listened to it on the bands myspace instead.
Mind sharing some info on the recording? What amp/cab and what samples used on the drums? Really dig that snare!
Keep up the good work!

This sounds really good. Great work. To bad about the video though. Listened to it on the bands myspace instead.
Mind sharing some info on the recording? What amp/cab and what samples used on the drums? Really dig that snare!
Keep up the good work!

It was a 5150 head with a marshall 1960's cab i belive. jus one close miced 57. Bass was DI'd straight through my sans amp (cant remeber the settings)

the snare it a slate snare i will fish it out later and tell you.

not true

the imaging might be fucked, but you're still hearing in stereo

And furthermore, everything is at least making it out of the speakers with no cancellation (even if the waves may slightly start to cancel by the time they reach you), unlike if the mix has been summed to mono and/or is coming out of a single speaker.

I'd be really interested in knowing what Slate sample this is!
It has that "water drop" pop, like I like.

Could you share any details on the processing?

HOLD ON A SECOND. sharptooth?
didnt you record a couple of nato tracks just before they split?
they were insaneee man, was just listening to them earlyer today.
congrats on the mtv/scuzz thing dude sounds really good.
i agree the snare is quite loud but overall sounds really tight.

jam