My reaction to "Catalyst"

Magnetik Signal

New Metal Member
Sep 23, 2012
Honolulu, HI
Even though about 6 years was quite a long time to wait for PROTOTYPE to release their new album and being aware of drama the band went through to make the new album it has been worth the wait for me! "Catalyst" is one of my favorite new albums of 2012 if not one of my favorites ever!! To me, it's as close to a masterpiece classic that you can hear as well as visualise(lyrics). I have played through the whole album multiple of times and have thoroughly enjoyed all songs. Of course I have my favorite songs that are also connected to great expressive soloing guitar musicianship - my one choice of that is from the closing song on the album 'Communion'. Kragen, you never fail to impress me with your command of the guitar. Vince, with your unique vocal expression you are one of my favorite vocalists in metal and your guitar playing are a treat to behold also, Kirk, your bass playing is tasty as ever and last but not least Pat, the drumming on this new album is superb! All in all the band has created an immensely enjoyable album for me! Thankyou PROTOTYPE for your very existence!!!