My Review of Anthrax @ the PoundSF

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
Where do i start... First i need to Thank Brent, Scott, Danny, Frankie, Joey and Charlie!!!!!! You guy's are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to see Testament Friday night in Concord and didn't get home until 2 AM. Well saturday we drove into the City and got to my sister's in Brisbane stayed there until 5 PM. We being.... my daughter, my wife and myself headed over to the Pound where we hooked up the Swissman from OSM Records(who is releasing the new Laaz Rockit DVD).
We did see a line of people lined up at the front of the Pound. We went in and meet up with Danny and Joey, the remaining band members arrived shortly after 5 PM. The band was getting ready to sound check when the sound engineer at the pound sez, " were missing the cable's for the mic's for the amp's...... Well they (the pound) had to send a runner to pick up these cable's ..... Well timing is everything.... The Sound check was cancelled. So they decided to set up those tables for the meet and greet. Now I know everything else was working... Danny In-ear monitors seemed to be having problems but it was fixed. So after Danny got them fixed he went out to the Meet and Greet. We stayed in-side the club. After the Meet and Greet we headed downtown for dinner at Brandy Ho's in NorthBeach. Who was at dinner? Me , the wife, Mel my daughter , Swissman and Dan Spitz ....Dinner was great the dumplings are the best in SF. We drove downtown SF on a Saturday night with the SF Giants playing.... now normally traffic Jam but we drove there no traffic. Not a parking in site , the restaurant is in North Beach... Well I drive around the corner and there a space, 30 ft from the restaurant. So after dinner we head back to the Pound get there about 9:30 ish?? We hook up with the rest of the people we were supposed meet and fuck was in packed the club holds about 600 well we guessed about 800 people were there.... Hotter than hell......So we head backstage the band is warming up and TROUBLE..... the 2nd band fucked up something and the in-ear monitors were not working again...... So a sold out packed house almost turned into an angry MOB!!!!
So yes Anthrax Went on late....We tried to make it to the floor but couldn't
so we got to watch from the side of the stage.....(Thanks Scott's Tech and Izzy)Were we ran into JD from DirtBag Clothing ...We got to hang out at the Konocti Show.....They open with Among the Living.... ok Imitation of Life was only an intro and i asked Danny about this he said that song is the fastest song on the album and after ADI the horror of it ALL which i was watching Charlie for the whole song ...INSANE drumming ..... Oh look at Charlies Pic.... His monitors didn't work so he had Headphones on....
It was my 7th time seeing this reunion and for the Pound it ruled......
The crowd seemed to sing every song..... Scott said the in January they played outside when it was freezing and in August the played inside with the heat on!!!!!! Crazy!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V3TAUfq3cY

Drumheads010.jpg

DSCF2261.jpg

DSCF2257.jpg

DSCF2280.jpg

DSCF2248.jpg

DSCF2295.jpg

DSCF2290.jpg

That's great! My friend and I should've headed south after the Salem gig and met up with you, Ted.
Maybe next time.
Nice Fucking YouTube, btw.

sounds like it was a sweet show man. Im waiting for this fall when Im back up in school. They usually hit Albany sometime in September or October, so Im keeping my fingers crossed this year!

Awesome. Maybe I'll have some vids up soon from the Salem gig...
Keep checking AnthraxNFYT (Ebutooynikufesin).
:kickass:

Can you post the review again without the photos? It's a real pain in the arse to read otherwise.

Cheers