Oct 6 Review of Jaxx show

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
Scott Ian was simply on point as ever. He was tearing it up like crazy and they did New Level longer than usual all the way to the first chorus. Scott sang Phils part pretty damn good. Charlie's drumming were wicked as hell. Joey Belladonna was more animated that I have seen him. Danny was good too but you could barely hear him. I could see his fingers flying around but I couldn't hear it. Maybe it's where I was standing. Front row center. I was the first body surfer of the night. Then I realized there was no walkway between the stage and the barricade. I was about to slam into Joey and Frank right during the verse of Got the Time. I got pushed down to front row center and the people down there were none too happy to see get up there so easily. They should lighten up a little. It is a Mosh Pit after all, shit happens but everyone is trying to just have a good time. No need to hate on someone for body surfing. Oh well, whatever. I think Joey recognized me from the Sayreville show. Scott said hi to me by shaking my hand right in the middle of got the time. Totally made my night, right after I body surfed which is probably what saved me from getting my ass kicked cuz I think those people gave me more props or respect from getting a shout out like that. I think the kids with the meet and greet passes got shafted. I could be wrong. That's pretty much the consensus that I got from the ones that had those.

A funny story. Right before we went into the club, we all had to take dumps so we decided to go have dinner at this afghan restaurant which is adjacent to the club. As soon as we walked in and got sat at a nice table, our waiter thought we were the band and threw us a bag of weed and gave up the whole v.i.p. treatment. The check was only 27 bucks and the three of us all threw in 25 bucks each and told him to keep the change. His shit got us fucked up and he even rolled everything for us.

Set list

Among
Got the Time
Mosh
A.I.R.
Intro to the Ripper(Priest)/Madhouse
Anti-Social (along with the longwinded "woah oh" intro which I think is not needed. I think it sounds better with Scott's chorus cranked up all chimy for the harmonics of the beginning of this song)
N.F.L.
Medusa (I think right before this song they played something that didn't sound familiar at all. Could have been originial material????)
Indians

encore:
Be All
I'm the Man (I wish they would play this song with Danny on guitar, Joey on the drums and Bello/Ian/Benante simply on the mics. If this is a reunion, then play the song the way it was intended and written)
Metal thrashing
New Level all the way through the first chorus with Scott singing Phil's part right on point.
I Am the Law

My main grip of this show was not enough material from P.O.T. Only one song, got the time. One Man Stands which they rehearsed in chicago, Keep it in the family, Time, Belly of the Beast were all wrongfully excluded.

thx for the detailed review,i always find its best to be on right or left side,front and center usually isnt as good ever...i would love to have seen more pot material but i was more than satisfied hearing tunes like a.i.r and meduse having been a first time i saw this line up in australia a few months back.

would u agree that there is a really natural high energy with this line up,even though joey doesnt say to much he just draws people in,cant wait to see what happens after this tour starts winding down,i have a feeling they will be touring for a long time yet

There is alot of energy at these shows. Frank was super animated as was Joey. I forgot to mention, at the end Ian said there will be a new record next year. This may be breaking news unless I missed this already somewhere since I'm not on the CDC.

Sounds like you had a great time dude! I'd love it if they played more songs from POT, especially since it's my favourite Anthrax album! Time, Keep It In The Family, In My World, One Man Stands, Belly Of The Beast... So many AMAZING songs on that album!! :kickass: :headbang:

AlexStomp said:
There is alot of energy at these shows. Frank was super animated as was Joey. I forgot to mention, at the end Ian said there will be a new record next year. This may be breaking news unless I missed this already somewhere since I'm not on the CDC.

that would kick ass,they could easily have a new record by mid next year,great news becasue from now on i know australia will be high on there list,it would be fucking awesome if they could get back to australia 3 years in a row,make up for the 8 years i waited lol.

mrthrax said:
that would kick ass,they could easily have a new record by mid next year,great news becasue from now on i know australia will be high on there list,it would be fucking awesome if they could get back to australia 3 years in a row,make up for the 8 years i waited lol.

A new album with the current lineup would be awesome!!! Especially if Anthrax makes a THRASH album! :wave:

Show was good full of energy, typical show no suprises. Meet and Greet was a no go, got a fuckin :guh: "AFTER SHOW" cloth backstage pass like stcker. Unorganized "The guys are sorry they couldn't put together the meet and greet" :yell: WTF there were like 10 people with passes??? Same runaround there has been at most shows it seems. Meet and Greeters don't get your hopes up it's BULLSHIT!!!!! Opening bands were good their sound/mix was WEAK. The boys were VERY LOUD like ear bleeding db. Someone did put out street team swag. I still havent got mine. I got a new camera on the way to the show, got some nice shots but I don't know how to post a pic. I'll work on it and post in a couple days when I get home. I'm pissed that they didn't take the time for the meet and greet but I don't know where they could have done it.

Yeah, Jaxx has no green room. They should have had this show at the 930 club. Jay Nedry the owner is good to the band though. In Anthrax's defense they came down from connecticut for this show and then had to head out to massachussets right away. That's alot of hours on a fucking bus.

I went with my kid brother Daniel to this show and my other brother Eddie that's not really big on metal ran into Spitz at the mall earlier.

Pfft! I drove 7 hours to get here and 10 minutes with 10 people is not much to ask. Thanks Thraxx!!! People have been getting this run around since Gigantour. DO NOT LET THE CHANCE FOR A MEET AND GREET PROMPT YOU TO DO ANYTHING!!!!!!! IT'S A SCAM!!!!
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

well done man for getting on stage! Sounds like a great show but I noticed that the sets are gettying very short, when i went to see them in may they busted out about 17 tracks.....lone justice included!

Thrash fiend said:
well done man for getting on stage! Sounds like a great show but I noticed that the sets are gettying very short, when i went to see them in may they busted out about 17 tracks.....lone justice included!

They're probably just playing a shorter set since they've been opening for Priest. You'd think that they'd make a longer set for their offdate headlining gigs.

i got there at about 3 a clock and there was about 3 people there already, right when we got there dan just walks out and says hi, it was really awesome. we were right up front where scott was. they came out and the crowd went crazy, i was getting my ass kicked. scott saw this and asked me if i was ok and shook my hand. i was soo happy. and then after nfl scott got security to take us behind the stage for the rest of the show, i was so damn happy. i was dissapointed the meet and greet didnt happen but im hella happy this happened.

dutchy said:
oopps fanboy got pissed!!!get a life dude, M&G are for little kids!!
Easy there Dutchy. NO need to harp on a New kid. Remember what it was like the first time you met (or had a chance to meet) a band that you respected and admired. Some of these fans might be a few years younger then us message board old timers. For them and many others a simple meet and greet is a big deal. I'm shure the current line up of Anthrax had a good reason for not making it.... :puke:

AlexStomp said:
Scott Ian was simply on point as ever. He was tearing it up like crazy and they did New Level longer than usual all the way to the first chorus. Scott sang Phils part pretty damn good. Charlie's drumming were wicked as hell. Joey Belladonna was more animated that I have seen him. Danny was good too but you could barely hear him. I could see his fingers flying around but I couldn't hear it. Maybe it's where I was standing. Front row center. I was the first body surfer of the night. Then I realized there was no walkway between the stage and the barricade. I was about to slam into Joey and Frank right during the verse of Got the Time. I got pushed down to front row center and the people down there were none too happy to see get up there so easily. They should lighten up a little. It is a Mosh Pit after all, shit happens but everyone is trying to just have a good time. No need to hate on someone for body surfing. Oh well, whatever. I think Joey recognized me from the Sayreville show. Scott said hi to me by shaking my hand right in the middle of got the time. Totally made my night, right after I body surfed which is probably what saved me from getting my ass kicked cuz I think those people gave me more props or respect from getting a shout out like that. I think the kids with the meet and greet passes got shafted. I could be wrong. That's pretty much the consensus that I got from the ones that had those.

A funny story. Right before we went into the club, we all had to take dumps so we decided to go have dinner at this afghan restaurant which is adjacent to the club. As soon as we walked in and got sat at a nice table, our waiter thought we were the band and threw us a bag of weed and gave up the whole v.i.p. treatment. The check was only 27 bucks and the three of us all threw in 25 bucks each and told him to keep the change. His shit got us fucked up and he even rolled everything for us.

Set list

Among
Got the Time
Mosh
A.I.R.
Intro to the Ripper(Priest)/Madhouse
Anti-Social (along with the longwinded "woah oh" intro which I think is not needed. I think it sounds better with Scott's chorus cranked up all chimy for the harmonics of the beginning of this song)
N.F.L.
Medusa (I think right before this song they played something that didn't sound familiar at all. Could have been originial material????)
Indians

encore:
Be All
I'm the Man (I wish they would play this song with Danny on guitar, Joey on the drums and Bello/Ian/Benante simply on the mics. If this is a reunion, then play the song the way it was intended and written)
Metal thrashing
New Level all the way through the first chorus with Scott singing Phil's part right on point.
I Am the Law

My main grip of this show was not enough material from P.O.T. Only one song, got the time. One Man Stands which they rehearsed in chicago, Keep it in the family, Time, Belly of the Beast were all wrongfully excluded.

This can't be the real Alex. I saw no reference to tits and ass. IMPOSTER

prime666 said:
Easy there Dutchy. NO need to harp on a New kid. Remember what it was like the first time you met (or had a chance to meet) a band that you respected and admired. Some of these fans might be a few years younger then us message board old timers. For them and many others a simple meet and greet is a big deal. I'm shure the current line up of Anthrax had a good reason for not making it.... :puke:

maybe youre right. " the kids are united " 7 seconds. I apologize!!

jdelpi said:
This can't be the real Alex. I saw no reference to tits and ass. IMPOSTER

The girl in the front that was pissed at me the most for making it to the front of pit so easily..halfway through the set whe she left, she rubbed her tits on me real hard. So many 80's style sluts at this gig, all past their prime and healthy if you know what I mean.

AlexStomp said:
Yeah, Jaxx has no green room. They should have had this show at the 930 club. Jay Nedry the owner is good to the band though. In Anthrax's defense they came down from connecticut for this show and then had to head out to massachussets right away. That's alot of hours on a fucking bus.

I went with my kid brother Daniel to this show and my other brother Eddie that's not really big on metal ran into Spitz at the mall earlier.
I've driven 9 hours in one sitting. Driven 11 hours in a day too. Thursday I drove almost 700 miles. And at the end of those had to do work too.

strik9 said:
A new album with the current lineup would be awesome!!! Especially if Anthrax makes a THRASH album! :wave:
This is what i've been saying all along. A new cd with Joey and Dan would be so fucking cool. Especially after 13 years of dissapointment exept for w.c.f.y.a. wich was pretty good i must say.
This is the anthrax i love and grew up with. I hope it is permanemt.:loco: