My Small but Effective haul!

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
ok so I picked up some new cds yesterday

W.A.S.P. - The Neon God Part One, I highly suggest this one to any Wasp fan, it has more ummmm feeling/passion than the last 2 records whhich felt very Blah

Satyricon - Volcano, I think I have found my favorite black metal band these guys made one hell of an album with this one its well played and sounds Nothing like COF lol

Falconer - The Sceptre of Deception, if I listen to this one long enough I know I will like it but at the moment it cant keep up with the Wasp and Satyr.

Glad to hear the new WASP is better than the last few discs they've put out. I think everything since HELLDORADO has been downhill...just my opinion...I'll have to find a copy of that one.

ALSO, with the praise Johnny D and Sixxswine are giving Satyricon, who knows, maybe I'll pick that one up? I'm not usually a "death metal" fan but I have found some that turn me on like Dimmu Borgir (are they Death Metal, though?). Venom and Slayer are usually my exceptions to the "scary" stuff...I don't like a lot of anti-religious sentiment but these guys ROCK...and the Swine got me heavily into KING DIAMOND so there are times when I bite the bullet...but I generally try to stay more into the "sex, drugs, rnr" type lyrics than the "praise be to the goat lord" lyrics if you know what I mean...I have strange morals, I guess! haha BUT anyways, maybe I'll give that one a shot?
Ted

Love Statyricon as well, thanks for mentioning that for me JD.
I will look into the WASP disc, I am curious...
I have heard that Flaconer disc, I didn't much care for it.
Let me know what you think when you get a chance to listen to it though.

I just checked my mail & got a review copies of :

Mago De Oz-Gaia
Tiera Santa-Sangre de Reyes

TVF-No word on the Simmons disc yet, but I'm on the list for an advance copy.
As for KD, Manson comes off as goofy, KD is the real deal, and while he might be of a different religious belief, I happen to dig what he does too.

jonnyd, i heard you goit a pair of blackie's crusty leather pants with the ass missing.
how are they working for ya? did you even bother to get those things dry cleaned you dickhead?! i told you i was gonna make you life hell, you ass clown. i know, it will be the um posse to the rescue for poor little jonnyd!

I got:

Wolf - Wolf
Wolf - Black Wings
Wolf - Evil Star
UDO - Man And Machine
Yngwie J Malmsteen's Rising Force - Marching Out
UDO - No Limits
UDO - Timebomb
Atrocity - Werk 80
Susperia - Unlimited
Dark Sanctuary - Les Memoires Blesees
Atrocity - Atlantis
Judas Priest - Metalogy

sixxswine said:
Love Statyricon as well, thanks for mentioning that for me JD.
I will look into the WASP disc, I am curious...
I have heard that Flaconer disc, I didn't much care for it.
Let me know what you think when you get a chance to listen to it though.
Your welcome Buddy

I have officially listened to Falconer a couple of time Not all the way through yet hahahahahah I havnt been able to get through it ..... the guitar players are Fantastic I love the sound they produce but the singer hes so ummm boring hahahaha

I have the new WASP and love it. Great great album. The Satyricon I definetly want to check out. I first heard them last month when I saw them open for Morbid Angel and I thought they were just great. Definetly looking foward to checking that out. The Falconer I will eventually get around to checking out. I have the one before that called Chapters From A Vale Forlorn and its okay. Not bad but not great. Its power metal with a major folk influence but its good and better than alot of stuff out there.

WOW! 2 votes for the new WASP cd!!! That is encouraging!!! I think with Father's day around the corner I'll ask my wife for the WASP and SATYRICON discs!! I'll ask her for the Priest box but I got a better chance of scoring the other 2! hahaha

New additions to the fold:

Tad Morose - Undead
Tad Morose - Matters of the Dark
Tad Morose - New one (can't remember the name)
UDO - Thunderball
Leaves' Eyes - Lovelorn
Nightwish - Nemo Part I
Nightwish - Nemo Part II
Suffocation - Souls To Deny

I am on a tear lately...

Psychonaut said:
New additions to the fold:

Tad Morose - Undead
Tad Morose - Matters of the Dark
Tad Morose - New one (can't remember the name)
UDO - Thunderball
Leaves' Eyes - Lovelorn
Nightwish - Nemo Part I
Nightwish - Nemo Part II
Suffocation - Souls To Deny

I am on a tear lately...

I have only been into Tad Morose for about six weeks or so, but I listen to them every fucking day. Great blend of melody and aggression and a great vocalist. They are one of the best bands no one has heard of. The new U.D.O. is pretty good too.

Bryant

TheGraveDigger said:
I have the new WASP and love it. Great great album. The Satyricon I definetly want to check out. I first heard them last month when I saw them open for Morbid Angel and I thought they were just great. Definetly looking foward to checking that out. The Falconer I will eventually get around to checking out. I have the one before that called Chapters From A Vale Forlorn and its okay. Not bad but not great. Its power metal with a major folk influence but its good and better than alot of stuff out there.

Hey Digger Thats When I first Heard Satyricon too! Where did you See the show? ....... I think you would Dig the Falconer .... but get the Satyricon first!