my Snare drum collection for you!

On i think all of the snare samples there are two sounds. the one rings longer than the other, why is it like that? the second sound is always the muted kinda sound. if i go for a metal snare must i use the kinda muted sounding versions of each snares? its like its gated, it doesn't ring as much.

They are just dampened and undampened articulations. The most common products for dampening are rings or moon gels.

They are just dampened and undampened articulations. The most common products for dampening are rings or moon gels.

are the dampened ones better for metal? and what are the different uses for dampened or undampened snares?

And im busy working on a rock & roll project! must i use the undampened snares for Rock?

These are excellent samples! can't wait to get processing:headbang:
Im goging all the snares as we speak!

glad you like em!

Dude I fucking love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these snare samples are insane!

It actually sounds better than most of the Steven slate samples that I've heard in mixes! Im currently doing a 80's rock & roll project and i'll definitely use these snare's in the songs!

I basically gog'd them all so that i can trigger the DFHS snares because i hate those snare sounds....Thin city! i took 6 - 8 hits from each snare and placed it in a gog file and tested it, and I was amazed at how it sounds.

Thanx for those snare samples man! do you have some more self made samples you can post?

What gear did you put it through? or your chain?:headbang:

are the dampened ones better for metal? and what are the different uses for dampened or undampened snares?

And im busy working on a rock & roll project! must i use the undampened snares for Rock?

These are excellent samples! can't wait to get processing:headbang:
Im goging all the snares as we speak!

There's no right or wrong. Just use what fits the song! And you're right, they are great samples!

Firstly, thanks Ronnie_Rocker: I know these take a helluva lot of time to do, and you're giving them for free. I got these a while back, but I'm unsure how to process them...any tips please? The dampened Vinnie Paul one is probably the best sounding one in its raw and dry state, but is there anything else to do with it before reverb and compression? Cheers

Great Samples
But I take one million hours creating a simple gog file.
Is there any quick way to make this?

Great Samples
But I take one million hours creating a simple gog file.
Is there any quick way to make this?

I choped this files and Hoelentroll uped the sliced samples to the very same FTP... it's under the name jacare sliced snares if I'm not mistaken... .WAV thou.

hi guys

just a small question

the ftp is still alive?

i cannot login

it asks me the pass in loop ... any other case like that?