my Snare drum collection for you!

I am into "sneapforum.kazrog.com" and I am currently browsing the drums samples folder..Does anyone know where these samples are? Thanks in advance, I've been reading dozens of pages with no clue, I don't mean to resurrect old threads for the sake of it..but most of them seem to be dead with dead links as well...that combination makes it kinda hard to not be tagged as a resurrector. Thanks in advance!

Thanks guys! I want you to take the fact that I just threw myself into these great samples thread as a way to underline how GREAT the service and topics you are providing here are! I've got to find the time to behave and introduce myself.

I also would like to contribute to this. I've got some samples that I am going to rip from some recording sessions on some projects I've been part of. I also have the possibility of hosting/mirroring -whatever- you guys want to host/mirror. I know bandwidth and hosting space is always useful and there are times where providers and other "burocracy factors" become major pain in the back.

So, Ronnie: did you get them from "Sneap Forum FTP by Karzog"? In case you didn't (or in case you don't remember) would you mind sharing them? Anything I get WILL be mirrored to come in support of future "resurrectors" :D

Kind regards and thanks! Rock on!

How do you guys slice an audio file that has multiple (e.g. snare) hits in it? Is there an audio application that automatically searches for zero crossings and creates various files (e.g. snare_01.wav, snare_02.wav etc.)?

I've been doing this manually but .. you never know..

I am on Pro Tools HD, but I know how to do that there. I wondered if there was some sort of freeware application (Win or OSX, it's the same) to do that in stand-alone. thanks!

Ah ok that's good to know. I don't need another app sitting around. I do need some confirmation on the "do it manually, need more time, but better results" approach more :)

Hey whats the best snare out of all these snares to use for very fast death metal?

Maybe layer 2 of them together and what 2? or what single one to use!

Im going to gog these snares to today with different velocities for different uses! if anyone is interested!

and if i gog them must i process them first or just gog them as is?

if i gog the snares must i include the snare bottom? and how much bottom must be included?

is anyone interested in the gog'd snares?:kickass:

i have them :)

On i think all of the snare samples there are two sounds. the one rings longer than the other, why is it like that? the second sound is always the muted kinda sound. if i go for a metal snare must i use the kinda muted sounding versions of each snares? its like its gated, it doesn't ring as much.