my Snare drum collection for you!

thanks also - been a collector of drumsounds for a while now for stuff i work on, but it's mostly oriented towards D&B (that being the music I produce / listen to the most) - was a metalhead years before I was into D&B though and you'd be surprised the kinds of sounds I use sometimes ;)

If I dig out some decent sounds from my list of stuff, I'll stick it up for sharing. cheers to ronnier and others for their contribs though <thumbsup>

is this dry???

can someone help me to compress it and eq it to make a metal sound
of ian or VP or birch

i really like this sound

what program did u used to slice them all
so i can use them in GOG

tnx tnx ronnie in samples

So I'm just going to ask this question like the ignorant nubie that I am...

These are in mono, why are my DFH and Sneap samples stereo?

I'll try and get some samples up one of these days as well.

I have these snares:

Pearl 14 x 6 1996 50th anniversary limited edition birch
Pearl 14 x 5,5 1996 50th anniversary limited edition SOLID maple (you guys are gonna love this one)
Mapex 12 x 7 maple/cherry (this one only costs 98 euros at thomann and sounds great)
steel marching snare 14 x 6 (I've used this one for a long time because the hoops on this one are amazing for rimshots)
Tama 10x6,5 steel, amazing effects snare, didnt cost much either

Give me like 3-4 weeks and I can get you guys some octoban samples too. I have 4 acrylic ones laying around here I'm not using right now which I could sample :heh:

Give me like 3-4 weeks and I can get you guys some octoban samples too. I have 4 acrylic ones laying around here I'm not using right now which I could sample :heh:

That would be AWESOME! I was just talking with my dad the other night about getting some octoban samples and using them in some songs he's writing. :kickass:

So I'm just going to ask this question like the ignorant nubie that I am...

These are in mono, why are my DFH and Sneap samples stereo?

DFH I think you could turn off the room mics and such and hear only a mono signal. As for Sneap's samples...I think the stereo verb on the snare is a sneaky way to prevent you from being able to compress it and actually use it, at least, that's always been my suspicion.

DFH I think you could turn off the room mics and such and hear only a mono signal. As for Sneap's samples...I think the stereo verb on the snare is a sneaky way to prevent you from being able to compress it and actually use it, at least, that's always been my suspicion.

thought that too, but on the other hand...it doesn't really need that much compression (if at all)...at least not for sound-shaping purposes, and volumewise there shouldn't be a problem with just setting the dynamics lower in drumagog or aptrigga

Could you put them up again please?

Tack på förhand Ronnierocker ;)
/crille @ Diskant