My Song (Not My Only One)

ESA1996

Jan 3, 2011
Espoo, Finland
So, others have done this and I even got a request to do it, so here comes:

... ... ...

Where comes exactly? (Nowhere. I edited the track and thus deleted it from Soundcloud).

Not necessarily my best, but it's not my worst one either. As of now, it has no lyrics and thus doesn't have a real name.

I don't think you can hear any Bodom influences there except for having lots of melodies but they are there somewhere. The sound quality isn't exactly great, nor is the mixing, but it's all done with my home studio so it is what it is.

Perhaps I'll stop talking now. Have a listen if you're interested.

Ps. Anyone like my title?

Last edited:
So, others have done this and I even got a request to do it, so here comes:

https://soundcloud.com/esa-27/song-24-instrumental-demo

Not necessarily my best, but it's not my worst one either. As of now, it has no lyrics and thus doesn't have a real name.

I don't think you can hear any Bodom influences there except for having lots of melodies but they are there somewhere. The sound quality isn't exactly great, nor is the mixing, but it's all done with my home studio so it is what it is.

Perhaps I'll stop talking now. Have a listen if you're interested.

Ps. Anyone like my title?

not bad, some neat ideas in there. Cute title indeed ;)

Wow really great job ESA, sad that you have two solo guitarist already, I would really join to this kind of melodic metal band :p

I also wrote a demo, when I was 16 in GP, I haven't recorded it with real instruments (so far). This summer I would start to write new songs. Also sad, that they won't as good as yours :(

Wow really great job ESA, sad that you have two solo guitarist already, I would really join to this kind of melodic metal band :p

I also wrote a demo, when I was 16 in GP, I haven't recorded it with real instruments (so far). This summer I would start to write new songs. Also sad, that they won't as good as yours

:lol: The distance might be a bit problematic too. Anyway, thanks for the comment. :)

I recorded this one today. I have some other songs already recorded, but I would need to re-record them before uploading so I decided to do this one. Also, I've been working on some of my songs for years. "Song 1" for example, had it's first version made around Christmas 2009. Nowadays, only one melody remains of that version though. :D I'm a bit obsessed with editing my stuff. Lately though I've been making more new material than editing old stuff. A good development in my opinion.

Composing is a skill you learn, so just keep doing it and it'll get easier. Occasionally you'll get great ideas, occasionally you'll get not so great ideas. With time you start getting at least decent ideas most of the time. I've been composing from the day I went to my first guitar lesson, so I've had quite some time to improve. Made one riff and one melody that day. Still remember the riff, not the melody though (EDIT 17.12.2021: I actually do remember the melody too now)

Last edited:
Wow. They are actually kind of similar. For me it's (The A reminds me of B) the other way around of course as I haven't heard that before, but still.

I remembered the melody (and the theme name) from this game I played in 2001, bells rang immediately. Just admit you're a Zelda fanatic. :D This game wasn't one of the best, but some are unforgettable.

To be honest I've never played Zelda. :D Only Pokemon.

You were just a toddler by the time when I was playing the best Zelda game, which is named Ocarina of Time, you can check some of the music, it's very atmospheric. It's pretty much the best memory of my life, to be honest. Will never forget '98.

I much more would write a slower, darker song with clean parts and maybe with keys too. Because when I'm jamming with my guitar I always end up with dark, "atmospheric" chording, chord playtrough (idk how is in English when you play a chord note to note...) The sorrow comes from me:devil: Joonas would probably like my style:D

I listen to your music. It was nice. but if you play the rhythm guitar more alternatively, it would be better. you could play it in iron maiden style. not like this " da da da da "
let the guitar rhythm play it's own role. not what the drums line doing. they play the same thing in this music. let the audiences surprised when listening to your music. this would make them a real fan! gud luck dude

Great tone! Also, the drum fills are brilliant. I've never bothered too much with them, other than when switching from one riff to the next.

I listen to your music. It was nice. but if you play the rhythm guitar more alternatively, it would be better. you could play it in iron maiden style. not like this " da da da da "
let the guitar rhythm play it's own role. not what the drums line doing. they play the same thing in this music. let the audiences surprised when listening to your music. this would make them a real fan! gud luck dude

Thanks for the feedback. Now that you say it I actually know what you mean. The chorus rhythm guitar, for example, goes at a constant 16th note rhythm, no variation anywhere. I'll need to think about that. I might change it a little before getting the vocals recorded, though that might take quite some time.

You focused too much on keyboards man :rofl: (which are awesome), but you need to rewrite guitar parts because you practically do same thing throught whole song.

You focused too much on keyboards man :rofl: (which are awesome), but you need to rewrite guitar parts because you practically do same thing throught whole song.

A bit more variation on the guitars might be good, I agree. Like someone already said, the rhythm guitars under the melodies, apart from the intro, are very simple, both melodically and rhythmically.

Also, I know I focus too much on the keyboard stuff. :D Wintersun is a big inspiration of mine, so I've been trying to imitate their style of orchestrations. As usual, it doesn't sound anything like what I aimed at originally, but they still sound good so I've been doing them for a few years now.