My take on Djenty Metalcore

its is me or are the drums hard panned to the sides???? o_O love the intro .do you use grossbeat for the glitchi stuff? you did good job creating a really ambiance build up , but i thought it fell like a complete different song when the guitars and drums kick in because all the ambiance is gone, but maybe thats what you want in the first place so i dont know. oh and the chord progression are amazing great stuff dude.:kickass:

^^^^^^^^^^ true that. everything sounds really distant. and the quality was so great in the beginning and it all fell apart.

well i was experimenting with the stereo widening effect in Isotope Ozone, maybe I over did it a bit, ill re post a version without the effect, maybe that will center it more? and I use dfh for the drums and sometimes they do a sort of panning effect on the toms and overheads sometimes and maybe the stereo widening drastically messes that up...

Thanks for the comments guys, what do you think about the guitars?

Guitars have too much gain, and are too low in the mix. And is there any bass at all? There's a huge lack of low end. That's probably why it sounds thin.

EDIT: Changed my mind, the guitars aren't too low in the mix - they just sound it because in the intro, the clean guitars are a bit louder, so when the distorted guitars come in it sounds uneven. I'd reduce the volume of the intro.

maybe you leave engaged the flip L or R buttons or something in the "show phase ops " window of ozone. or maybe overdo the widening. pay attention to the meter in the stereo widening section, as long as is all the way to the right whit a little variation you are fine. but if its show more to the middle/left side then there is some trouble whit the phase.

i just posted a new verision of it, is it more centered? oh ya theres no bass its just a guitar in C so that could explain the lack of low end overall

Is it me or is that intro terribly clipping? Great song tho! Would love to hear this with bass in it and maybe a different snare :)

ya theres no bass track in it like i said before, its just guitar and drums, i see what you saying about the low end i might have the bass on my monitors turned up a bit too much, ya i just noticed it was a wav sorry, my next retry will be mp3 i promise lol , the intro could be clipping a bit near the end, i wanted the last four bars to be noticeably louder, maybe i over did it.

@ gabriel g.
Thanks man, I think the intro is definitely the best part of the song lol, its funny how well that radio show type thing worked, it was completely randomly picked :)

i absolutely hate it when people tell me how i should write my song
"you should scream more" or "you should add cleans to that part" but, in my opinion i think the intro should just continue into the actual song without the tape stop thing :)

i absolutely hate it when people tell me how i should write my song
"you should scream more" or "you should add cleans to that part" but, in my opinion i think the intro should just continue into the actual song without the tape stop thing :)

Might be a little weird with the key change and everything. Like someone else said earlier it's like a whole new song from that point on.