My Tone Quest

They do have information on how they recorded them. You have to dig a bit deeper though. It's basically just an SM57 shoved in front of their rack units for most of the modular samples. I'm assuming its a similar deal for the cyclone... with an SM57 just shoved on-axis in front of the cab.

Moonlapse said:
They do have information on how they recorded them. You have to dig a bit deeper though. It's basically just an SM57 shoved in front of their rack units for most of the modular samples. I'm assuming its a similar deal for the cyclone... with an SM57 just shoved on-axis in front of the cab.

thanks for the info.
i've been on their website a couple of times now but that info
somehow just hasn't reached my mind yet.

Moonlapse said:
Vehemence use straight Line 6 amps live, with a Boss Noise-Gate pedal and get some brutal tones. But, then again, we have seen death metal bands get their tone from Crate amps...

Plus Micheal Romeo from Symphony X. And I think Jack Own used to use a Crate Power amp and Crate cabs.

Moonlapse said:
Where the hell do you people get the money for this shit!!???

I know what you mean... :erk:
You live in Melbourne, I guess you can at least try the amps out in the store(s) if you'd like to, I don't have that opportunity. I heard some ENGL Screamer 50 samples and that really sparked my interest, the head is under 1000 euros. But I don't wanna order the head (especially since no one distributes ENGL amps in Croatia) which I didn't give a decent try... I own a '76 Marshall Master Volume 2203, which I paid some 500 euros, together with V30's cab. I guess that's a lucky buy, but I'd really like to try some other things out...
The Mesas are waaay out of my reach and everyone raves about them... I'd really like to play with one of those. :)

SickBoy said:
I know what you mean... :erk:
You live in Melbourne, I guess you can at least try the amps out in the store(s) if you'd like to, I don't have that opportunity. I heard some ENGL Screamer 50 samples and that really sparked my interest, the head is under 1000 euros. But I don't wanna order the head (especially since no one distributes ENGL amps in Croatia) which I didn't give a decent try... I own a '76 Marshall Master Volume 2203, which I paid some 500 euros, together with V30's cab. I guess that's a lucky buy, but I'd really like to try some other things out...
The Mesas are waaay out of my reach and everyone raves about them... I'd really like to play with one of those. :)

yeah,my fellow countrymen is right... :p

Here(Croatia) you don't have any options at all...
the most popular brands on which you can lay your hands on are mostly ibanez,boss,yamaha,maybe some jackson(from time to time),some shitty amps and stuff like that...
Here we have huge problems with having opportunity to just hear some stuff,on this I refer to more "exotic" models which are not exotic at all in western europe but they are in here!
Here we can eventually buy some marshall,jcms,avts,dsls and stuff like that but the brands like mesa,engl,peavy and similar don't have any representative or official distributor or anything so we have HUGE problems with equipment like that because no one is holding it so nobody can't even test it to see how it works...
That's pretty bad...
That's why we live in the world of dreams and samples,'cause we can't actually hear the "real stuff"...
I own some old JCM 800 (2 x 12") 50 W model,and it works for me fine but then again,I would like to taste something above that...

Sad but true...