My Twin single, lyrics?

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
I bought my copy today and I´m really satisfied with the whole product..just I wonder if the lyrics of "displaced" and "dissolving bonds" will be released somewhere...maybe on the website?? I´d really like to have those lyrics, I feel uncomplete lystening to a Kata song without reading the lyrics, and I´m not very good at understanding what Jonas sings....moreover I´m really interested to read those lyrics written by Anders..so please let us have the lyrics!

ether said:
I bought my copy today and I´m really satisfied with the whole product..just I wonder if the lyrics of "displaced" and "dissolving bonds" will be released somewhere...maybe on the website?? I´d really like to have those lyrics, I feel uncomplete lystening to a Kata song without reading the lyrics, and I´m not very good at understanding what Jonas sings....moreover I´m really interested to read those lyrics written by Anders..so please let us have the lyrics!
Yes, please! Anders lyrics are always brilliant. Jonas as well, of course:) And... a bit off topic... Ether, where did you buy your copy? I can't find it in Uppsala, damnit... Going to Stockholm tomorrow.

Blakkheim said:
as u wish.. its only fair since they weren't printed in the booklet... i'll post em on the blog on the website during the weekend...

oh man!!! come on, not on the booklet?......damn it.....you better print the lyrics on the actual album!!!:cry:

I bought it at "Sound Pollution", dunno how many copies they have on store, but I guess they still have some.

Otherwise there´s plenty of shops in Stockholm, so I think it will be not so difficult to find it!( I hope!)

you´re right, Anders lyrics are great (I mean the ones he wrote for Katatonia...because Diabolical Masquerade, er..*cough cough*...)

Thanx so much Anders for deciding to put them on the blog!!!!

this is brutally emotional.......thanx Anders for posting....

DISPLACED

(Lyrics: Renkse)

DO YOU HAVE WATER IN YOUR CAR
I MIGHT GET THIRSTY ALONG THE WAY
ARE YOU SURE IT ISN’T VERY FAR
ARE WE GETTING THERE TODAY
AND IS IT HARD
AND COMPLICATED

YOU DISPLACE ME

DRIVE ME THERE
LET ME SLEEP
WE ARE COMING TO AN END HERE SEE
DRIVE ME THERE
I’M MEANT TO BE DECIEVED
WE ARE COMING TO AN END HERE SEE

REACHING FOR A SENTENCE IN MY MOUTH
WELL HIDDEN UNDER MY TOUNGE
I KNOW WHAT THINGS ARE ALL ABOUT

I MADE IT SO EASY FOR YOU WHEN YOU CAME
FOR YOUR SAFETY

DISSOLVING BONDS

(Lyrics: Nystrom)

AND HERE YOU ARE
SO MUCH TIME DID YOU WASTE FROM TIMES BEFORE
SO SHUT DOWN YOUR SKY
BOW DOWN, LIGHTS OUT & DIE

AND NOW YOU GO
THE COLD CHILL CRACKS, A POSITIVE SELF-DETACH
INANIMATE HEART
HURTING RAZOR THROAT

A DESTINED GOODBYE
BELLS RANG OUT THE DAY OF YOUR WORST FEAR
OBSCURE GRADUATION DAY
LEFT YOU BUT WITH MEMORIES TO BEAR
LOST IN HOPELESSNESS
SECLUSION CUT YOU JUST AS DEEP AS KNIVES
DISSOLVING THE BONDS
TIME WAS SET TO FADE AWAY YOUR LIVES

YOU SAID YOU WOULD ALWAYS GIVE YOU LOVE
YOU SAID YOU WOULD ALWAYS BE CARING
YOU SAID YOU WOULD NEVER ABANDON
YOU SAID YOU WOULD
l

A bit OT, but I like that the disc itself was black on the writing surface, not an only release like that, but works here very good. I was a bit dissapointed with the fact, that the lyrics were not on it, but works this way also.

Personally, I think the remix is GREAT, I'd like to hear the whole new album that way.

Good lyrics!
Before searching for a deeper meaning, somehow I couldn't help thinking Displaced is about how they get lost on the road when they're touring... :p
I like particularly the first line of the song, it seems pretty unusual to sing about having water in the car, and yes, it's something I care about a lot, I never drive anywhere without water. This song will be my anthem of the next Katatonia tour. Which is hopefully soon to come!

Divatkreació said:
Hey but what about the real My twin lyrics? Many have posted their suggestions what they could be but I'd like to see the correct version.

I'll second this, I've been waiting for the lyrics for a while and hoped they would be in the single. They should be released, if for no other reason than to dispel the silliness that is a few of the interpretations I have seen. :err:

Divatkreació said:
Hey but what about the real My twin lyrics? Many have posted their suggestions what they could be but I'd like to see the correct version.

I'll guess we all have to wait for "the great cold distance" album/booklet.
I'm sure it will be there!

i gotta say the lyrics to dissolving bonds are pretty friggin good, 'specially the first line. if this taste reflects the new album then it is probably going to be the best album EVER. the way the Opium Dub is done is really good to. it really brings the song to another level. cant wait for my swedish editon to get here!

Skullzz said:
I'll second this, I've been waiting for the lyrics for a while and hoped they would be in the single. They should be released, if for no other reason than to dispel the silliness that is a few of the interpretations I have seen. :err:

o_O!!!!

I'd love some My Twin lyrics. Either way, I'm expecting to muster up some money on the thirteenth of next month. It's a great record.

strangedays said:
Any chance of anyone putting up the correct lyrics to My Twin??

Also whats the opium dub like?

Opium Dub version is like a slower, calmer version of the song.

And makes complete sense that the single doesn't come with a booklet.. it's a digipack, and if it had the extra shit there'd be no way it could be bought for under 10€ :)