What has placed you
[?!]

What is it coming to
I am alone to go on
You have lost
Noone has won

the_man_of_rainroom said:
here is the lyrics of the song

The neck bended in shame (makes more sense to me)
The head is hung in shame
The neck bended in shame

I thought that you -
That you would carry on
But now that I am gone
What else can withdraw (?)

You used to be like my twin
And all that's been
Was it all for nothing

Are you strong when you're with him
Do what has graced you
above us all (maybe?)

I think our love
I let it pass
It feels like fire
But it won't last

And all that's been
Was it all for nothing

What has placed you
[?!]

What is it coming to
I am alone to go on
You have lost
Noone has won

maybe

my take on it,

The neck offended shame
The neck offended shame this is the only thing I feel unsure about

I thought that you had grown
That you would carry on
But now that I am gone
Where else been withdrawn

And all that's been
Was it all for nothing

Do what has raised you
above us all

I think of love
I let it pass
It feels like fire
But it won't last

And all that's been
Was it all for nothing

What has placed you
above us all

And all that's been
Was it all for nothing

Do what has placed you
above us all

What has it come to
Im unwilling to go on
You have lost
Noone has won

is this about his ex g/f now she's with a new guy?
used to be twins meanings used to be so alike - together , and now its all for nothing? this is like a song for me right now i love it

IntoPhagist said:
is this about his ex g/f now she's with a new guy?
used to be twins meanings used to be so alike - together , and now its all for nothing? this is like a song for me right now i love it

either that or its about his child.....thats kind of what I was thinking.....like a new guy is with his ex or something....taking over the father role...its great how Jonas writes....because it could have different meanings....and its up to us how to relate with it in our own life.....brilliant...

we are not sure about the lyrics, so I don´t know if it´s the case to make any speculations about the meaning of the song... even if we are all impatient and I´m also speculating!
moreover why do so many people think that it must be Jonas´ex-friend, ex-girlfriend, child???He has a family, so I don´t think he has to write about ex anymore!
I think the "I" in the song is fictional, someone who is "gone", maybe has died? looking the first lines referring to a hung head .....maybe is it someone that has been hanged?the meaning of the first verse is not clear, better to wait..I remember there were also some strange transcription of Evidence when it first came out as a sample..and actually this song seems kind of similar to Evidence as for the contents...

Well, it does sound like he says "the neck within the chain, the head is hung in shame", but it doesn't necessarily mean a hanging. I can also get a picture of someone taken away against their will. Without knowing the lyrics, though, it's all guesswork, particularly at the start because I still have a feeling we're all wrong about what he's saying there.

ether said:
He has a family, so I don´t think he has to write about ex anymore!

I don't think that's an argument, really. You can still chew on something that happened years ago, even if your life has changed for the better.

Besides, I believe that lyrics should not be anaylzed... at least not over-analyzed. I have written lyrics myself and it's not like every line discribes something that actually happened in my life. Sometimes I just thought it sounded good or had a certain vibe to it.

Maybe it'll be clearer after the whole song is released and we'll hear the C-part also?
Deliverance6: You have an interesting point there, how did you think it'd be his child? (I bet Jonas is laughing to us somewhere in the dark parts of Sweden and thinking we're all wrong.)

the_joy_of_grief said:
I don't think that's an argument, really. You can still chew on something that happened years ago, even if your life has changed for the better.

Besides, I believe that lyrics should not be anaylzed... at least not over-analyzed. I have written lyrics myself and it's not like every line discribes something that actually happened in my life. Sometimes I just thought it sounded good or had a certain vibe to it.

I second that.
Anyways I was trying to say that after many years and especially if you now are in a good relationship with another person, you tend to abstract your past experiences to a general level and I don´t think Jonas writes lyrics referring to a particular ex, as if he still had a burning feeling inside of him chewing on a relationship that finished some years ago...at least I think he still does but in an abstract way, more like thinking about love in general, how does it feels when you part and your ex continues his life with another one, etc. so not directely addressed to "her", like maybe it has been in albums such as Discouraged Ones for example, when the feelings were fresh and his lyrics clearly more personal.
I had just the feeling that those old lyrics were taken directely from his heart, that they were a true and spontaneous reaction from a real suffering, while now they seem still personal in a way, but more detached and cold.

At least taking from my experience I once wrote lots of poetry, notes and diaries when I liked two guys who as usual didn´t like me...and I felt the need to write down my sensations, to make order in myself, to give an expression to my feelings..but then when I forgot them and wasn´t in love with anyone anymore I still kept on writing more abstract sensations, but not necessarely referring to a particular person..just thoughts, shifting my personal experience to a fictional level...

I'd rather apply Jonas' texts to my life and my experiences rather than try to find out why he did write such lyrics or what he's exactly referring to because that's something only he knows. I don't dare to say what a person i don't know at all might have been thinking in a certain moment or how he felt like. I also think that he wouldn't like to see how people especulate about his girlfriend, child or friends. Besides, it doesn't necessarily have to deal with his personal life (although it seems so I know). Maybe he got the inspiration from a book or a movie or anything he's seen. Or at least that's what i wanna believe in the case of songs like "we must bury you"...

Don't get me wrong. It's only my opinion. I'm new here and i don't want to get enemies from the first day.