Dissolving Bonds

I also thought that Jonas sounds a bit like the singer of Coldplay (at the start of the song anyway). I thought to myself that if Coldplay turned heavy, they'd sound something like that.

Metamyr, I own a Creative Zen. I think it's great. A little bigger than an iPod, but holds more songs and is less expensive. Besides, everyone and their dog has an iPod. Yeah, that was part of why I looked into something other than iPod to begin with because I'm the weirdo who likes to look for alternatives to what everyone else is doing, but the amount it can hold for its price sealed the decision for me. I did look into both and read reviews for both, though, because I wanted the best deal and most reliable, and that turned out to be the Creative Zen.

God, I love those lyrics. I love that song...Deliverance, it had the opposite effect on me. I couldn't help but smile, Katatonia have done it again. God. Amazing.

VampiricYouth said:
God, I love those lyrics. I love that song...Deliverance, it had the opposite effect on me. I couldn't help but smile, Katatonia have done it again. God. Amazing.

yes they have......since my friend just was frozen to death it seemed an appropriate song for him......but I know what you mean.....its all relative...

Deliverance6 said:
christ.....I oddly almost cried when I read this and listened to the song at the same time.....

KUDOS Anders......

DISSOLVING BONDS

(Lyrics: Nystrom)

AND HERE YOU ARE
SO MUCH TIME DID YOU WASTE FROM TIMES BEFORE
SO SHUT DOWN YOUR SKY
BOW DOWN, LIGHTS OUT & DIE

AND NOW YOU GO
THE COLD CHILL CRACKS, A POSITIVE SELF-DETACH
INANIMATE HEART
HURTING RAZOR THROAT

A DESTINED GOODBYE
BELLS RANG OUT THE DAY OF YOUR WORST FEAR
OBSCURE GRADUATION DAY
LEFT YOU BUT WITH MEMORIES TO BEAR
LOST IN HOPELESSNESS
SECLUSION CUT YOU JUST AS DEEP AS KNIVES
DISSOLVING THE BONDS
TIME WAS SET TO FADE AWAY YOUR LIVES

YOU SAID YOU WOULD ALWAYS GIVE YOU LOVE
YOU SAID YOU WOULD ALWAYS BE CARING
YOU SAID YOU WOULD NEVER ABANDON
YOU SAID YOU WOULD
awesome lyrics

I love the guitar parts in both songs!
This is Anders´s touch, kind of remind me a bit of Tonight Decision style.
Jonas´ voice has maybe too many effects, sounds different maybe similar to Coldplay or even The Cure singers.

Anyways he sings very well, so this song is without doubt another masterpiece!
Very catchy, maybe that´s why some people said it sounded little pop!
Anders lyrics, yeah he has a very beautiful language and way of expressing and building metaphores. Jonas lyrics sound more cryptical and he tries to use a simple, yet effective and sharp language. They hit however...maybe Anders is more "poetic".
I think I have a vague idea of what this song could be about, he he, but well as usual there are no right or wrong interpretations, you can relate to the lyrics as you feel.

MountainDweller said:
I also thought that Jonas sounds a bit like the singer of Coldplay (at the start of the song anyway). I thought to myself that if Coldplay turned heavy, they'd sound something like that.

Metamyr, I own a Creative Zen. I think it's great. A little bigger than an iPod, but holds more songs and is less expensive. Besides, everyone and their dog has an iPod. Yeah, that was part of why I looked into something other than iPod to begin with because I'm the weirdo who likes to look for alternatives to what everyone else is doing, but the amount it can hold for its price sealed the decision for me. I did look into both and read reviews for both, though, because I wanted the best deal and most reliable, and that turned out to be the Creative Zen.
I have an iPod, but only because my parents got one for me for graduation.

I may get another MP3 player in the future, though, as I only have an iPod mini (4GB). How is the little thing you use to scroll, on the Zen? I hear it's really sensitive.

It doesn't surprise me to find out Anders wrote "Dissolving Bonds" because it very much has his "style" to it and I guess explains why I like it so much.

Aaron A. said:
How is the little thing you use to scroll, on the Zen? I hear it's really sensitive.
It is. That's the only thing that annoys me about it. Other than that, it's fine.

Off Topic: The enter button is in the middle of the scroll panel so when you scroll up and down, you may accidently press the "enter" button and go somewhere else.. That's the most annoying part. the rest is really good as MountainDweller stated..

Anthony3 said:
The song is at a lot slower pace than the original, so yes it is.
no.. it's not slower (at least not in the sense i meant), it just seems that way. the voice tracks are taken from the original version, and not slowed down.

ether said:
I think I have a vague idea of what this song could be about, he he, but well as usual there are no right or wrong interpretations, you can relate to the lyrics as you feel.

I think it's about anger at a friend commiting suicide.

I think this single is just great art! everyone should get his copy because those 4 songs are amazing!

The lyrics to displaced and dissolving are fantastic, and are among the best material Katatonia ever wrote!

Dissolving Bonds has become one of my favorite Katatonia songs in just a matter of a few days. It really grabs me by the heart both musically (love the guitar lines!) and lyrically. Displaced is a really obscure track, at first I didn't like it and now it's growing on me. Dissolving Bonds owns it though.

Our friend has a most intriguing ritual: Every time there is another Katatonia's release he buys it (or gets it as a gift from us) but waits until his birthday to unwrap the CD and listen it in the woods. Then he can listen to it exclusively for months. Problem lies in the fact that most of Katatonia's music meets daylight in winter/spring period and his birthday falls in autumn. So when we are in a topmost state of excitement with this music (like now with My Twin, esp. 'DB') he refuses to listen to it. We've figured out that we can make an acoustic cover of 'DB' and play for him while having a fire on Valpurgia's Night, and thus we can avoid his taboo self-inflicted commandment.

I've already sung Dissolving Bonds together with Jonas for days and nights (since friday). Displaced also found my appreciation. Both lyrics are immensely filled with joy and sadness at the same time.

wow i guess i'm the only one who likes displaced way more than dissolving bonds :erk: that intro part is so good.

edit: actually the whole song is so good.