The 'Displaced' Appreciation Thread

steel102

________
May 22, 2005
Guadeloupe
Am I the only one who thinks this song stomps all over "Dissolving Bonds?" From that cool little melody at the beginning, to the "aaaahh...you displaced me" chorus, and then the part right after it, this song is just amazing! i can't stop listening to it!

Yeah, both songs are great, but I like Displaced more. I'm actually surprised by how good these tracks are.

I think I like it even more than my twin, both lyrically and musically...
Mhh it´s as good as dissolving bonds, don´t know which is better, it´s difficult to make polls with kata songs, they are all excellent!

all i can think about is if these are the songs thats didn't make the album then imagine the ones that did. 3 days people, 3 long days till its here.

Drk4fearofailure said:
all i can think about is if these are the songs thats didn't make the album then imagine the ones that did. 3 days people, 3 long days till its here.
that's not how they work. (I've heard:rolleyes: )
I still have to wait 10 days...

aaah, 10 days really isn't thát long :D (oeh, it's only 9 days now:p)
I'm really looking forward to the moment I've got the cd in my very own hands^^

I can't decide...incidently I prefer both these songs over "My Twin" which is still an outstanding track. If these are the quality of the B-Sides then I cant wait to hear the album...:)

IMO both of the b-sides slay My Twin and are better than most of the album. Sorry, but don't get TOO excited.

Dissolving bonds is my favorite track out of the single and the album. Next would probably come a few songs off the album (Soil's song, July, Deliberation), then maybe my twin and displaced. All amazing music tho!

I do love Katatonia's tendency to incorporate that negative prefix to great effect: first 'Dispossession', now 'Displaced'; perhaps there may come 'The Disinherited' afterwards. It is, in my opinion, the best song on the MCD, although 'Dissolving Bonds' is alluring, too, with its laid-back quality. Perhaps I have had too much of the title track to enjoy it properly at the moment, or it might be that it is the lightest piece on the release and therefore somewhat inferior to the two other tracks, to 'Displaced' in particular.

bump. out of all the songs on TGCD and the my twin ep, this one is by far my favorite. every part is just so amazing. it's a shame they'll never play this live :(

Just heard Displaced Dissolving Bonds and both songs are absolutely fucking great!!!
Damn .... Now I can't sleep , have to listen to them
again and again and again .....

froghawk said:
IMO both of the b-sides slay My Twin and are better than most of the album. Sorry, but don't get TOO excited.

I sadly agree with you man...those 3 tracks are the Katatonia that I'm used to love, full of feeling...the new album is a lot different.

I'm starting to think that those songs came out from a different recording session, I don't know if i'm right... my expectation on TGCD grew higher after this, and the delusion was strong. However, I know that a lot of people doesn't agree (and I'm happy for them :) ) but I think that time will give the answer