My unofficial top 11 of 2005 list

urinalcakemix

man who plays drum
Jun 7, 2003
Wallingford, CT
Visit site
Alright, this year has been a year of checking out back catalogs, and really getting into a lot of different stuff, so I can't recall every 2005 release that deserves mention here, so, assuming I missed 2-3 awesome releases, heres my UNofficial top 11 of 2005.

1. Opeth - Ghost Reveries- It's Opeth. It kicks. Martin Lopez is a monster!
2. Porcupine Tree - Deadwing - Everyone buy this album now! Its phenomenal
3. Nevermore - Godless Endeavor - Van Williams and Jeff Loomis! SOMEONE GET ME A PAPER TOWEL!
4. Strapping Young Lad - Alien - Devin Townsend is a god. Gene Hoglan is a behemoth.
5. Savage Circus - Dreamland Manor : I still say its Blind Guardian in disguise!
6. Kamelot - The Black Halo- The first 3 songs on the album are absolute CLASSICS!
7. Cryptopsy - Once Was Not - Cryptopsy's best, most diverse work yet. Flo Mounier is even FASTER!
8. Soulive - Break Out: Awesome blend of old school 70's funk, with a flavor of modern urban influences. Excellent use of a Hammond Organ, and an awesome instrumental cover of Hendrix' "Crosstown Traffic".
9. Circus Maximus - 1st Chapter - Cant wait to see what the future holds for these guys!
10. Spocks Beard - Gluttons for Punishment - Awesome double Live album, Nicks vocal performance of "The Light" is breath-taking!
11. The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute : Though the vocals take getting used to, and I enjoyed "De-loused in the Comatorium" a lot better, its still a solid release

urinalcakemix said:
Alright, this year has been a year of checking out back catalogs, and really getting into a lot of different stuff, so I can't recall every 2005 release that deserves mention here, so, assuming I missed 2-3 awesome releases, heres my UNofficial top 11 of 2005.

1. Opeth - Ghost Reveries- It's Opeth. It kicks. Martin Lopez is a monster!
2. Porcupine Tree - Deadwing - Everyone buy this album now! Its phenomenal
3. Nevermore - Godless Endeavor - Van Williams and Jeff Loomis! SOMEONE GET ME A PAPER TOWEL!
4. Strapping Young Lad - Alien - Devin Townsend is a god. Gene Hoglan is a behemoth.
5. Savage Circus - Dreamland Manor : I still say its Blind Guardian in disguise!
6. Kamelot - The Black Halo- The first 3 songs on the album are absolute CLASSICS!
7. Cryptopsy - Once Was Not - Cryptopsy's best, most diverse work yet. Flo Mounier is even FASTER!
8. Soulive - Break Out: Awesome blend of old school 70's funk, with a flavor of modern urban influences. Excellent use of a Hammond Organ, and an awesome instrumental cover of Hendrix' "Crosstown Traffic".
9. Circus Maximus - 1st Chapter - Cant wait to see what the future holds for these guys!
10. Spocks Beard - Gluttons for Punishment - Awesome double Live album, Nicks vocal performance of "The Light" is breath-taking!
11. The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute : Though the vocals take getting used to, and I enjoyed "De-loused in the Comatorium" a lot better, its still a solid release

If it's your list, how is it unofficial? Did someone else post it and not type out exactly what you said? :loco:

Seriously, got some kick ass discs in there. Completely agree on the Porcupine Tree. That one cameout of left field for me and is simply great.

Zilla

PowerFreak said:
If it's your list, how is it unofficial? Did someone else post it and not type out exactly what you said? :loco:

Seriously, got some kick ass discs in there. Completely agree on the Porcupine Tree. That one cameout of left field for me and is simply great.

Zilla
Its unofficial in the sense that, I reserve the right to change it at any point, because its very easy that I forgot a 2005 release that I loved. like the new Steve Vai album...

symphonyx314@hotmail.com said:
hello metal friends, i can mention the 12 best albums ever,only the best progmetal in the world:

1. Dynamic Lights - Shape
2. Tomorrow´s eve - mirror of creation
3. Redemption - The Fullness Of Time
4. Crises - Broken Glass
5. Sieges Even - The Art Of Navigating By The Sun
6. Fates Warning - Perfect Symmetry
7. Dream Theater - Awake
8. Adagio - underworld
9. Andromeda - II=I
10. Lemur Voice - Insights
11. Symphony X - Divine Wings Of Tragedy
12. Spiral Architect - A sceptic Universe

:OMG:

Dude man I think only one of those albums came out in 2005.

symphonyx314@hotmail.com said:
hello metal friends, i can mention the 12 best albums ever,only the best progmetal in the world:

1. Dynamic Lights - Shape
2. Tomorrow´s eve - mirror of creation
3. Redemption - The Fullness Of Time
4. Crises - Broken Glass
5. Sieges Even - The Art Of Navigating By The Sun
6. Fates Warning - Perfect Symmetry
7. Dream Theater - Awake
8. Adagio - underworld
9. Andromeda - II=I
10. Lemur Voice - Insights
11. Symphony X - Divine Wings Of Tragedy
12. Spiral Architect - A sceptic Universe

:OMG:

WOW! YOu must really think that Sieges Even is great by getting the album title wrong.

The Art of Navigating through my ass hairs to wipe hahaha

Best of 2005 the jesus way
1.Redemption- The fullness of time
2.Sieges Even- The art of...
3. Opeth- Ghost Reveries
4.Machine Men -Elegies
5.Nevermore-Godless ...
6. Kamelot-Black Halo
7.Epica Consign to Oblivion
8.James LaBrie solo disc 3
9.Kings X Ogre Tones
10.Jon Oliva's Pain-Tage Mahal

I could add a bunch of challengers for the top 10,but I see them pop up on everybodys list so why bother?