My version of "Oh Holy Night"

Aaron Smith

Envisage Audio
Feb 10, 2006
Seattle, WA
Hey dudes. As stated in the subject line, I created my own version of the song "Oh Holy Night" for a little online contest. I've always really loved the chords and melodies of the song, and it lends itself well to the dramatic/epic orchestral vibe I kind of went for. Give it a listen!

http://www.indabamusic.com/#!/submissions/show/33825

The user-submitted voting doesn't matter supposedly, but it can't hurt if any of you are able to throw votes at it anyhow :)

Thanks for the compliments guys...

What bass synth are you using here? It has a NIN-ish quality to it, and I love the sound.

It's actually a couple different patches in Omnisphere- one that's very clean and dynamically contained (almost like a sine wave), and then a different patch that's much grittier (also with a pretty heavy dose of stereo delay and saturation). There's also a cello patch from Symphonic Orchestra in there, but it's not playing a huge role in the overall bass sound.

Oh... and when is your album out dude? I remember hearing a clip (reamped by Andy, mixed by Jens) and was seriously psyched to grab it!

Actually mixed by me, Jens only did the mastering. It's looking like it might be out in May, but there's some other news to announce first... I'll be posting about it on here soon enough!