My war with Ticketmaster and other stuff

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
As everyone knows, Center Stage has an exclusive contract with Ticketmaster. I have tried every way known to man to circumvent that contract including just selling tickets directly from my house.

No dice.

I checked into the lower/no fee Wednesday type promotions that Live Nation offers. Perharps we could do something like that.

No dice.

What I did find out what this. The account is set up to sell you two tickets based on one transaction. However, ticketmaster has been charging service fees as if this is two seperate tickets. That's bullshit and they are going to change it effective for the next festival. Your service fee will drop.

Tickets for the show will go on sale at THIS year's show on Saturday morning. Now, I honestly don't expect anyone to buy any as cds & booze are what's important. However, this at least gives you a chance to buy your ticket at the venue and circumvent the fees. Price will remain the same.

Gold Badges holders...business will be as usual except that you can purchase anytime you want starting after the festival. Price will remain the same.

That does indeed mean that those in attendance will know the date of PP USA XI at this year's show. Book your hotel rooms first. That's my way of saying thanks for coming this year. If someone posts the date on this forum before the Monday after the show, they will be banned for a month.

Gold Badge holders...I have an additional perk up my sleeve for next time to make up for you not getting the hotel notice in advance as usual. That will not be announced until later.

cheers,

G.

Everything you do for us man... all the sacrifices... it's unbelievable. You truely should be looked at as the model on how to promote and run a festival for the fans. That is just awesome. Also fuck ticketmaster.

Class act Glenn. It's amazing how you keep this festival working for the attendees. Thanks!

Glenn...

Book Manowar and have them lead the ProgPower audience into battle against the corporate drones that run TicketMaster.

Kill with (Prog)Power... Die! Die!

Problem solved.

Your welcome.

Zod

Well regarding the early hotel reservations in response to knowing the PP XI dates early:

I wouldnt think that hotels even do reservations approxmiately a year in advance anyway, right?

Glenn...

Book Manowar and have them lead the ProgPower audience into battle against the corporate drones that run TicketMaster.

Kill with (Prog)Power... Die! Die!

Problem solved.

Your welcome.

Zod

As long as Manowar wears more than just fur speedos or loincloth's,then count me in.I can't go into battle with another man who's junk may hit me if we battle closely....

My head is swimming after returning from Chicago and being bombarded at work today, so for the GB holders, nothing really has changed for us?

What else do you have up your sleeve oh great one, as if this is not enought. Did you get Nightwish to come over and do two sets one with Anette, and another with Tarja? Plus orchestra, and all those guest musicians including John-Two-Hawks?

What else do you have up your sleeve oh great one, as if this is not enought. Did you get Nightwish to come over and do two sets one with Anette, and another with Tarja? Plus orchestra, and all those guest musicians including John-Two-Hawks?

Jman we wouldnt be able to move you after their set, you would just be frozen in a pose something like this :headbang: or this :kickass: and once u "woke up" u will be doing this :cry: since u would be the happiest u have been since your last child/grand child was born.