Official Ticket Price

I agree 110 bucks for 10 bands is a good deal. Even if you looked at it like going to a one day concert and seeing 3 or 4 killer bands and paying 55 bucks thats an awesome value. Bands that play big arenas charge 45 to 50 bucks minimum and thats just to see them and maybe if you get lucky a half way decent opener so to me this is still a great bargin for the class bands that you get and the great atmosphere of the whole weekend.

I must agree that the ticket price is more than reasonable for 10 bands. I would still attend if the price doubled. (Not that I want that to happen.)This will be my 4th trip to progpower and I would never willingly miss it. Its the downtown hotel pricing that is getting out of control. They are starting to really take advantage of this festivals patrons. I'm considering staying a bit farther out to save a ton of $$, and just drive to the show, instead of a short walk, each night.

That's only $11 a band. That's comparable to any other concert I've been to. Shit, that's about the price I pay for cover for a local show!

As far as ticketbastard- I once went to purchase a presale ticket for $8. At the door cost was $10. So I went to get my tickets, and the total was $12 with the fees... More than the price of the at door cost! I was not a happy camper.

-Metal

I heard somewhere that some bands at some clubs make a percentage of the gate, only? Since we have no idea who might be on this payment scheme, it seems better to just buy the tickets at local club level. As if giving ticketbastard NO business is not satisfying enough...

this will only be my 2nd trip to PPUSA...and to be honest, $110? :OMG: wow! that is totally inexpensive! i hesitate to say "cheap" as that connotes something negative, but man...cheap about covers it :headbang:

i can't wait for next October!!!

Due to the rise in hotel costs, there has been a small increase in the price. It is now $110 plus usual crap from Ticketmaster. Sorry folks. I'm not looking to increase my profit margin, but I sure as hell don't want to take the hit either. Tickets will go on sale in March. Further details TBA.

Btw, for those unaware, Center Stage has an exclusive contract with Ticketmaster and I have no choice but to use them.

Well such in life in th tropic. Once a year for the chance of women, wine and song...I don't drink wine and women pay no attention to me so :D