My wish list for the next batch of Sabbath remasters

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
Okay, we all know the Ozzy albums have in recent months been repackaged and rereleased in a snazzy (and way overpriced) package called Black Box. By all accounts this is the best the material's ever sounded, but it's only available in the US :(.

The rest of the Sabbath catalogue is due for a similar overhaul that won't happen until at least 2005. When it does, I hope they'll dig through the archives and add some bonus tracks, namely:

HEAVEN & HELL

Live versions of the title track from the B-side of the Neon Knights single and Children of the Sea from the B-side of Die Young.

MOB RULES

Live version of Die Young from the B-side of Turn Up The Night.

LIVE EVIL

Expand this from the existing CD version so it's the same full length double album the vinyl release was. Also maybe remix it so it doesn't sound so horrible.

BORN AGAIN

For Christ's sake release the original mix! Why this has been languishing in the archives for 20+ years I'll never know. The sound of the existing version is the
worst crime against music since Phil Spector's hack job on Let It Be.

SEVENTH STAR

Single mix of No Stranger To Love (it's a bit shorter, with backing vox that weren't on the album take)

ETERNAL IDOL

Strange Kind of Woman (from the B-side of The Shining) and the original 1987 recording of Black Moon. Perhaps they could throw in a few Ray Gillen era demos too.

HEADLESS CROSS

Radio edit of the title track and Cloak And Dagger from the B-side of that single.

TYR

Radio edit of Feels Good To Me plus the live versions of Heaven & Hell and Paranoid from Moscow '89 that were on the B-side of that single.

DEHUMANIZER

Alternate take of Letters From Earth and the remix of Time Machine, plus the Florida '92 live versions of Neon Knights, TV Crimes, Children of the Sea and Die Young from the Master of Reality single.

CROSS PURPOSES

What's The Use? (Japanese bonus track) plus a *complete* DVD of the Cross Purposes Live show they released on VHS in 1995.

FORBIDDEN

Loser Gets It All (Japanese bonus track)

And when they've sorted all that out, maybe they can do something about releasing them over here as well. Is that too much to ask? Hmmm?

W

Tyr needs a remaster so bad, the damn cd is SO quiet you need to put the volume on twice what it usually is to hear it, which is a bit of a chock if you forget and put another cd in afterwards.

Wrathy thay a bllody damm fine wish list matey..........ive seen Black Box in Impact Records here in Canberra .... but its $158 bucks ... can't seem to see the use of buyinh something I already have

The Tyr album I have has the volume mastered WAY too low :(

Edge Of Thorns on the album is slow, on the greatest hits its faster. I dont know why.