Queensryche remasters (with bonus tracks)

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
From www.queensryche.com

EMI RECORDS HAILS QUEENSRYCHE
FANS OF SEMINAL SEATTLE BAND GET THE ROYAL TREATMENT WITH THE REISSUE OF FIRST SEVEN ‘RYCHE RECORDS
REPACKAGED DISCS FEATURE BONUS TRACKS, UNRELEASED PHOTOS, LINER NOTES AND MORE

Two decades after Queensryche released their self-titled 12-inch debut EP, EMI is celebrating the band’s career by reissuing the disc and the six critically acclaimed albums that followed: THE WARNING, RAGE FOR ORDER, OPERATION: MINDCRIME. EMPIRE, PROMISED LAND and HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER. Each of the seven ‘Ryche records has been repackaged with bonus tracks, unreleased photos, memorabilia and liner notes by lead vocalist Geoff Tate and Paul Suter (who wrote the first demo review in Kerrang Magazine, which eventually was responsible for getting the band signed).

The first phase of this highly anticipated promotion begins with the April 8th re-release of QUEENSRYCHE, THE WARNING, RAGE FOR ORDER and OPERATION: MINDCRIME, followed by the May 6th re-launch of EMPIRE, PROMISED LAND and HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER. These albums—all of which have been certified gold, platinum or multi-platinum by the RIAA—cover the first 14 years of Queensryche’s illustrious career. The original lineup of vocalist Geoff Tate, guitarists Michael Wilton and Chris DeGarmo, bassist Eddie Jackson and drummer Scott Rockenfield arrived on a mid-‘80s metal scene wracked with cliché and stylistic fetishes, but quickly broke from the studded leather pack with songs both complex and catchy. Synthesizing influences such as Pink Floyd, Queen and Black Sabbath, the Seattle-based quintet liquefied metal into a thick, layered sound rich in texture and dynamics—much to the delight of fans and critics around the world.

QUEENSRYCHE
It all began with Queensryche’s self-titled four-track EP, which was originally released on the band’s own 206 Records in 1983. Sales of more than 60,000 copies led to a deal with EMI, who then re-released the EP later that year. In addition to fan favorites such as “Blinded” and “Queen of the Reich,” the reissue features 50 extra minutes of bonus material pulled from 1985’s “Live in Tokyo” video/laserdisc, including “Deliverance” and “Child of Fire.”

THE WARNING
Released in 1984, THE WARNING features the nine-minute epic “Roads To Madness” and “Take Hold of the Flame.” A live version of that anthemic hit is included on the reissue, along with “Prophecy” and a live recording of “The Lady Wore Black” from a show at the Astoria Theatre in London in 1994.

RAGE FOR ORDER
The reissue of the first Queensryche album to crack the top 50 of Billboard’s Top 200 features live versions of “The Killing Words” (recorded in London in 1994) and “Walk in the Shadows” (from the “Jet City Woman” CD single). Also included is the 12” version of “Gonna Get Close To You” and a 1991 acoustic remix of “I Dream In Infra Red.”

OPERATION: MINDCRIME
A concept record/rock opera featuring orchestration by Oscar-nominated composer Michael Kamen (X-Men, Band of Brothers), this ambitious album spawned two MTV favorites, “Eyes of a Stranger” and “I Don’t Believe In Love.” The reissue includes live renditions of “The Mission” (recorded in 1990 at the Hammersmith Odeon in London) and “My Empty Room” (from “Bridge” CD single).

EMPIRE
In 1990, Queensryche broke into the mainstream—and the top 10 of Billboard’s Top 200—with this triple-platinum-selling disc. EMPIRE yielded several smash hit singles, including the title track, “Best I Can,” “Jet City Woman,” “Another Rainy Night (Without You)” and “Silent Lucidity.” The latter was the most successful of the bunch, a Grammy-nominated number one hit whose video earned the band the coveted MTV Viewers Choice Award. The reissue features the aforementioned tracks, along with “Last Time in Paris” (off the Ford Forlaine soundtrack), “Dirty Lil Secret” and Queensryche’s stunning cover of the Simon & Garfunkel hit “Scarborough Fair.”

PROMISED LAND
Queensryche fans found salvation in PROMISED LAND, the band’s highest-charting album to date. Entering the Billboard Top 200 at number three, PROMISED LAND spawned two hit singles—“I Am I” and “Bridge,” both of which are included on the reissue along with five extra tracks: a studio and live version of the “Real World” (originally recorded for the Last Action Hero soundtrack), a full band version of “Someone Else,” and “Damaged” (recorded live at the Astoria Theatre in 1994).

HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER
The band’s last album with founding guitarist Chris DeGarmo went platinum on the strength of hit single “Sign of the Times.” The reissue features four bonus songs: “Chasing Blue Sky” (from the GREATEST HITS CD), along with “The Killing Words,” “I Will Remember” and “Silent Lucidity” (all from a 1992 performance on “MTV Unplugged”).

Am I doomed to be forever poor? :cry:

W

That's strange - "My Empty Room" isn't on the copy of the "Bridge" single that I have, unless they mean "Real World", which was played *with* "My Empty Room" on the Promised Land tour? :confused: That's what they *really* need to have on one of these - I demand that you all get that Queensryche bootleg that I have and listen to it in awe.