QUEENSRYCHE? \m/

Apr 19, 2003
OK, USA
i love Operation Mindcrime...
My question is, what is everyones opinion on "Rage for Order" and "The Warning"?

I liked Empire, even though it was their commercial breakthrough album, that got them much radio airplay/popularity...

After that, I haven't really listened to Promised Land, Here in the Now Frontier, or Q2K... But from what I hear, they suck... With Q2K being the worse, as Queensryche got softer and softer and softer, and non-metal.

So yeah, I basically just wondered what everyone thought of the albums BEFORE Operation:Mindcrime.... But if you guys have any other input, on the latter albums, thats cool too.

Well, Rage for Order is one of my top 10 albums of all time, and The Warning is also essential. Promised Land and Hear In The Now frontier are decidedly not as metal as the band's previous offerings, but make no mistake they still serve up some very good songs. Promised Land is the more progressive of the two and HITNF is more laid back, stripped down kind of hard rock, but again it has it's share of gems (Chasing Blue Sky, You, Sp00l, etc). Q2K is the weakest album from them and is really not all that good, though it's heavier then HITNF, more in the Empire style, but we all know heavier doesnt' equal better. But I tip my hat to them for making 6 solid albums in a row and they are one of my absolute favorite bands.

Rage For Order is easily one of their best, and i just love that album so much. Great melodic progressive metal.The Warning is not as great as Rage For Order, but it's still very good. This is where the progressive elements start creeping in, making a fine platter of progressive power metal out of The Warning. Promised Land is without a doubt, their most progressive album, and also one of their darkest. It's a great return to straight up prog metal, after the pop-tinged Empire. Hear In The Now Frontier fuses elements of Progressive rock, metal and alternative rock together, making an interestinf, laid back kind of album, that's by no means horrible, but is also very far from reaching the heights of their previous work. Q2K is easily Queensryche's weakest albums. It's heavier than Hear In The Now Frontier, but it's definately not better. Picture a fusion of Empire, Hear In The Now Frontier, with a little more heaviness and a drop in quality and you have Q2K.

Rage For Order is the ultimate definition of progressive metal and the best Queensryche album.
The Warning is a supreme masterpiece of u.s. power metal at its best, grab em both !!!
QR is my fav band i love all their albums until Promised Land , which is another masterpiece yet, more dark and with a weird thought about progress in music.
Hear in the now frontier is a bag of shit
Q2K is a very good hard rock album
RYCHE ON ETERNAL SKIES!!

I absolutely am in love with older Queensryche. The Warning is an amazing album and all Heavy Metal. Rage For Order is my personal favorite album from Queensryche. Every song is fucking classic and it included my person favorite Queensryche song, the highly underrated The Killing Words. Operation:Mindcrime is my second favorite of theirs. It's a brilliant concept album and another where every song is just sheer perfection. Empire is rather commercial, but it's an amazing album. Not as perfect as the albums before it, but still one kick ass album that I can never get sick of. Promised Land is where you begin to mainly recognize the changes. It's similar in many ways to Empire, however it is more slow, more progressize and more jazzy. Hear In The Now Frontier is jazz with electric guitars if you ask me, I didn't like it very much and Q2K is slightly heavier, slightly better, but still completely inferior to former Queensryche works. They have been on a steady decline, but hopefully Queensryche's new album, Tribe will be a return to roots. I also still can absolutely not wait to see them with Dream Theater at PNC this summer!

Regurgitated Guts said:
i love Operation Mindcrime...
My question is, what is everyones opinion on "Rage for Order" and "The Warning"?

I liked Empire, even though it was their commercial breakthrough album, that got them much radio airplay/popularity...

After that, I haven't really listened to Promised Land, Here in the Now Frontier, or Q2K... But from what I hear, they suck... With Q2K being the worse, as Queensryche got softer and softer and softer, and non-metal.

So yeah, I basically just wondered what everyone thought of the albums BEFORE Operation:Mindcrime.... But if you guys have any other input, on the latter albums, thats cool too.

Rage & Warning were "good" records, I think Ryche refined their sound & style with Mindcrime & then polished it up on Empire. Them being their
best work, in my opinion. And you've heard correctly the stuff after Empire is complete "fluff."

I agree with many here. RFO is excellent and their most "progressive." TW is a good CD, but they hadn't developed their style as of yet IMNSHO. I also like PL, and the EP but HITNF and Q2K are crap to me.

Bryant

Mindcrime, RFO and Empire are my faves, the 90's albums did nothing to me except a few songs...

I'm seeing them live next month for the first time, I hope not to be disapointed... :Smug:

Fangface said:
Mindcrime, RFO and Empire are my faves, the 90's albums did nothing to me except a few songs...

I'm seeing them live next month for the first time, I hope not to be disapointed... :Smug:

I hope to see them next month also....
With Dream Theater and Fates Warning!!! Yeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh...
June 24th!