Favorite Queensryche album

Operation mindcrime is the best one for me.It is the best concept album in my opinion.Really good story and amazing songs.A masterpiece.One of the best albums that have ever made.

ElectricWiz said:
Ok, so, gettin' reaquainted with Queensryche these days (I was a huge fan early on). I remember well when Operation Mindcrime came out, I'd been a fan from the beginning and told anyone who would listen it was a new classic. And, by the way, despite the selective memory of the metal community, not a lot of people saw it that way at the time. But I digress.
Great as that album may be, and as fantastic and cool as Warning is, I do believe, after quite a break from them, my favorite is (and probably always has been) Rage For Order. Weird choice I know, but there it is.

Any rage fans here...?

It's back in heavy rotation here.....I guess I better get Mindcrime II.

I agree completely. OM is always the popular choice amongst fans, but RFO is definitely my favorite. A total balance of different styles and just top notch in every sense. I don't think we'll every see an album like this again.

Although I completely DO NOT care for the song "Gonna Get Close To You", the rest of the LP carries itself to greatness.

sumairetsu said:
My favorite album, though (and many people will disagree with me) is still Promised Land. This was a band wearing its concerns on its sleeves. They had just come off what would be their most successful album and were put into the situation of, "What's next?" The songs are just as good as anything on Empire, but with an added edge of darkness and sense of wariness about the world.

I think the first half of this album is a total masterpiece. The DeGarmo penned song "Bridge" is just one of my favorite pieces of music ever. Good music but the lyrics are just fucking devastatingly personal, to me anyways. Brilliant song.

As for the rest of the album the B-side (cassette days) kind of falls in quality, IMO. Still not horrible, they don't stand up to the first half. I regard this album as the last true quality Queensryche release (though I haven't heard OM:II yet).

Any rage fans here...?
Yes :)
Innovative, creative, dark yet melodic, varied, perfectly sung album.

My ranking :
1/ Rage For Order
2/ Operation: Mindcrime
3/ Warning
4/ Promised Land
5/ Empire
6/ Q2K
7/ Tribe
8/ Hear In the Now Frontier

I can't decide on OM II yet, need more spins...