Saw Queensryche yesterday and...

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
They kicked ass !!

Queensryche allways been one of my fav bands, but I was quit sceptical, having to pay 40 Euro for the show, and not really knowing what to expect from QR these days...
Opener was a Dutch band "Non-Divine", that is said to be good on CD but live completely boring...
Queensryche on the other hand delivered the goods and were worth every penny of the high entrance fee. They played songs from their whole discography, even "The Lady Wore Black" from the first EP !! I got goose bumps several times, most beautiful song in my opinion was "Another Rainy night" from the Epire album. The public was fun to see, lots of oldtimers and some had their kids with them, a matter of raising your kids a decent way I guess :) Atmosphere was very good, people sang along very loud, certainly with the "Mindcrime" classics. Although I missed the songs "Queen ot Reich" and "Operation Mindcrime" , it was a superb show. I saw Queensryche on a very good day, I can die happely now :headbang:

My friend took alot of pics and shot some short movies, I'll post them here as soon as he puts them on the net.

awesome. i heard they were planning on releasing a new album in 2008

did they play anything from promised land? thats my favorite album by them. what about anything from hear in the now frontier, q2k or tribe? all those are underrated

How was Tate? When I saw them 2 years ago for the O:MC show (not for part 2) Tate sounded pretty good, but couldn't hold any of those screaming notes anymore.

Steve in Philly

How was Tate? When I saw them 2 years ago for the O:MC show (not for part 2) Tate sounded pretty good, but couldn't hold any of those screaming notes anymore.

Steve in Philly

Tate sounded very clear and solid; okay, he cant hit the very high notes not that long any more, but he still is one of the better vocalists around, no doubt. He sounded very controlled and there definatly were some decent "screams" :)

Some songs of the setlist:
The Whisper
Damaged
Breaking The Silence
I'm American
'Till there was you
When the rain comes
Right sight OMM
Walk in the shadows
Empire
Eyes of a stranger
The hands
Take Hold Of the flame
The lady wore black
another rainy night (without you)
Jet City Woman

queensryche1.jpg

queensryche2.jpg

queensryche3.jpg

queensryche4.jpg

queensryche5.jpg

queensryche6.jpg

pics stolen from Hendrik Attema webalbum :p
http://picasaweb.google.com/hattema/Queensryche20070814

Tate sounded very clear and solid; okay, he cant hit the very high notes not that long any more, but he still is one of the better vocalists around, no doubt. He sounded very controlled and there definatly were some decent "screams" :)

The Whisper
Damaged
Breaking The Silence
I'm American
'Till there was you
When the rain comes
Right sight OMM
Walk in the shadows
Empire
Eyes of a stranger
The hands
Take Hold Of the flame
The lady wore black
Jet City Woman

That's a great looking set!
I've never seen Queensrÿche live but hopefully will someday. Tate's voice has indeed aged gracefully and although nothing after Promised Land really holds my interest it's good to see they're still playing stuff from nearly all albums and doing a good job at it. Pro band. Now if they only found that long-lost spark for their studio albums...

They're coming to town next month & I've been debating if I want to go or not.
I take it like they're not doing the complete O:M part 1 & 2 suite anymore?

I think the OM1-2 tour was a one-off , you'll probably will get somewhat the same set list as we did here. But I still can strongly advise to go and see them !!

I also saw em a couple years ago and they sounded as strong and tight as ever.

Tate still has 99 % of his balls :headbang: , just less hair...:)

it was a great show.
i highly recommend it .

The Whisper
Damaged
Breaking The Silence
I'm American
'Till there was you
When the rain comes
Right sight OMM
Walk in the shadows
Empire
Eyes of a stranger
The hands
Take Hold Of the flame
The lady wore black
Jet City Woman

awesome setlist. i'm a weird queensryche fan. i like the stuff between 1994 and 2004 better than the stuff from 1981 to 1991

The Whisper
Damaged
Breaking The Silence
I'm American
'Till there was you
When the rain comes
Right sight OMM
Walk in the shadows
Empire
Eyes of a stranger
The hands
Take Hold Of the flame
The lady wore black
Jet City Woman

Wow, awesome set! Glad you had a great time Gert.

Fuuuuuuuuck.

That set list is awesome! I'm quite jealous.

The pictures are amazing, too. Looks like you had a great time and looks like they put on a phenomenal show!