Myplay closed again!

maidenman

United We Stand
Apr 16, 2001
West Palm Beach, FL
hometown.aol.com
I cant friggin beleive this shite! It's 8 am, I'm off all day and I just read the posts that both Crossy and Rabs have uploaded some new stuff that were working on. I log on to myplay, enter the info and I get this nasty message:
YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED DUE TO A VIOLATION OF HOUSE RULES

what is this? I dunno. I emailed them a very nice "this must be a mistake" e mail, so we'll see what happens. So we need to find another source of sharing files. any ideas lads?

Dammit...does this mean nobody has access to my karaoke mix of Murders either? I was gonna pull that down at work today and give it another listen. :mad:

What else do you need uploaded to the other account? You have my guit rhyt track for Eclipse right?

Guys I have a web server that has 500meg spare in space. We can use that as a temp place to hold tracks if you would like? I would have to get rid of tracks after a while.. but I don't think that would be a problem once everything is mixed etc!!

OH FARK......

I dunno here but im thinkin it might of been me who broke the camels back....!!!!

As i just started using myplay myself in last 5 days or so.... maybe they flipped when another guy was using your account...!!

If so...SORRY LADS.......

Maybe we should all open our OWN myplay accounts.... HAve one each..... Create a page where we can store all the login details... ( keep the same mutual password though ) ....and then upload our own stuff to our own account.... and whoever needs the file can go to the relevant guys account.....

Providing we can all upload to myplay safely without any conflicts.....i still dont know if i can upload yet.....

This may stem the overload flow to just 1 acc....and spread it out over a few of em....!!!

Originally posted by Eddies cellmate
It was bound to happen guys. (and certainly not your fault Medsy!)

MyPlay is using software to locate and remove multiple log-ins. It's inevitable. :p

Exactly. I've been waiting for a while to see how long the account stays open...

I also have my own Myplay account incase we need any more of em... :p

That could be one solution to the problem.

But I think we still have to think about it. We need to have the filesharing carried out in a somewhat organized way, otherwise no-one of us knows what files are where etc.

What does our mighty leader say? ;) :D

I've been thinking about it Eddy, really for a long time. I almost had a deal struck with a non-profit "starving artists" web host who could provide web space for free, but it doesn't look like it's gonna work out right now. We'll see.

Anyway, I am going to come up with something. I just don't know exactly what yet. We just don't have any funds to work with as far as web space goes. :(