"Mystery producer remixes Death Magnetic"

I've read on overkill.pl - official Polish metallica fan club an interview with Andy and he said that he will mix a few song for them...

It's funny how even with just those stems - the mix can sound THAT much better! :kickass: This is a mix I wouldn't mind cranking :lol:

I didn't see the online petition thing on here, but I may have missed it...And, I don't really know if anyone on here actually "signed" said petition.

Yeah, it was posted in a couple of different threads here already, thats where I got the link from in the 1st place ... otherwise, how else could I have signed it? ;)

Kind of a played-out whinge but I heard The Day That Never Comes on the radio today and it honestly sounds like it was mastered through a TS-808.

Remix sounds pretty good! Were the drums replaced with DFHS2 drums? Apart from the snare/kick sounds it sounds very familiar[/i].

Sounds good!! No distortion on the cymbals.

Maybe it was Fredrik Nordstøm. I know he likes to piss off people...hehe.

You know, if Metallica DID remix this because of some online petition, I'd lose much more respect from those goobs for kowtowing to a bunch on goons on the net.

So, if I stick to your thought process... do you then think Nevermore are "goobs" for having Andy remix their "Enemies of Reality" album by popular demand? o_O :confused: o_O :confused:

Definately sounds a lot better to me. If the whole album was done like this I might actually give it a better listen, because after hearing things sound like shit then hear them sounding better like this really make you realize how much the mixing and mastering has on the music. I didn't care that the Nevermore cd sounded bad because it was Nevermore and the music speaks for itself, but Andy's remix does make it much more enjoyable and just easier to listen to the whole cd all the way through.

So, if I stick to your thought process... do you then think Nevermore are "goobs" for having Andy remix their "Enemies of Reality" album by popular demand? o_O :confused: o_O :confused:

*sigh*

You know, rather than get in a big long-winded diatribe about all this, I just posted what i did.

I don't know anything about Nevermore, couldn't name 1 song by them, the only thing I know about Nevermore is the stuff I've read on this forum.

But, to make a sweeping generalization, I don't see how you can compare the 2. My comments about the Metallica mix aren't meant to make it sound like I think a remix is dumb, far from it. It's more a general disappointment that the idea would even have to be presented.

My guess would be that Nevermore, for whatever reason, didn't get the mix they desired when they initially recorded the album that Andy remixed - either due to time constraints, money restraints or both, I don't know though. So, when the opportunity came that they could have Andy remix it, they'd jump on it, his work is awesome. Maybe it was purely because of fans, I personally know nothing about it. But, when you are a band like Nevermore, maybe what your fans say can directly impact decisions (i.e. pretty much a drop in the bucket compared to the juggernaut called Metallica)?

Now, look at Metallica...They are still arguably the biggest metal band in the world. My simple question is this:

Why couldn't they get it right the first time?

They have no money restraints (relatively speaking), probably not much time restraints, the power to pretty much do whatever they want - why would they do what they did? Maybe they think it sounds good?

The album sold around 500K in it's first week of release...So, in terms of 10K people who want a remix, what incentive do they have to do it? Better yet, I'd think that IF this mix wasn't up to what they wanted, it would have never been released. In my mind, they are completely clueless at this point what a good mix is if they think DM has one, but it is/was in their hands and they thought it was good enough to release. I fail to see how a bunch of "peons" are going to change their minds. Maybe I'm wrong. But, the diehard fans will buy it anyway, and the numbers show that.

I could go on, but what's the point? All of this is still getting them press, and keeping legs on the release, so maybe it's working in their favor.

Anybody who is a regular on forums such as the one here on ultimatemetal, I am sure the people who bought the album and know about good mixes/mastering, and so forth will either 1. mix it themselves, or 2.download the cd mixed by somebody else, so to me there is no point in Metallica redoing it themselves, unless they do it and make it available for free(which with metallica will probably never happen) except maybe to the people that belong to club metallica or whatever it is on their website.

so someone tell me, the gtr hero version thats going around, is that made from the stems or do you have to play the game to record it or something. I have no idea how this works. Is it a mix straight out the game?

Rock band and guitar hero are games that have wee MIDI instruments that need to be triggered by a person on the right timing.. meaning, a note chart will run on the screen and gamers need to hit buttons and drums on the notes.

So yeah.. stems, they dissected the rock band and GH tracks as they are delivered to the developers of these games.. just drums, just kick tracks, just snares, OH's, guitar left/right, bass, vocals, etc.