"Mystery producer remixes Death Magnetic"

when playing the game you have to hit the right buttons to hear whatever instrument it is your playing, I havent played this Metallica one yet but on the other ones I dont recall a just listen feature, but that would be quite a way to sell some games, hahaha, Metallica and the developers of Rock Band are in on it together, jk lol, but seriously Andy you should pick up one of these games, its actually stupid amounts of fun

so someone tell me, the gtr hero version thats going around, is that made from the stems or do you have to play the game to record it or something. I have no idea how this works. Is it a mix straight out the game?

I'm guessing they figured out a way to take the files directly from the game disc and into the DAW. I used to dabble in game hacking back in the Sega Dreacast days. Supposedly a computer DVD-R drive could't read the discs, but these hacker fucks would figure it out and upload the files for everyone to download. I'm sure that probably happened to Guitar Hero days (maybe weeks) before its release, so yes there are probably tons of net geeks who already have the stems. Check your local Starbucks. :headbang:

Guitar Hero rips look to be much more limited than Rock Band rips. Restricted to Guitars/Vocal/Bass/Drums. Sounds to me like someone just hi-passed the drum tracks on this, reprogrammed the hits in DFHS2 then replaced the kick/snare sounds with samples from the Rock Band rips of a Black Album track.

Guitar Hero rips look to be much more limited than Rock Band rips. Restricted to Guitars/Vocal/Bass/Drums. Sounds to me like someone just hi-passed the drum tracks on this, reprogrammed the hits in DFHS2 then replaced the kick/snare sounds with samples from the Rock Band rips of a Black Album track.

And that was all it took to make it presentable.

I'm a touch busy with Megadeth live to be worrying about Metallica guitar hero remixes right this second.

Make them put out a crushing record, if Mustaine come up with a shit riff make sure and tell him. Tell them to make long epic songs again like the old days of Deth, not some album with 3 or 4 minute song lengths.

I'm a touch busy with Megadeth live to be worrying about Metallica guitar hero remixes right this second.

Dave Mustaine: "I'm a touch busy listening to Metallica guitar hero remixes to be worrying about Megadeth new record right this second". :lol:

THE WAIT IS OVER.

DEATH MAGNETIC
DELUXE EDITION

- COMPLETELY REMIXED AND REMASTERED ALBUM READY FOR 9.25 IMMERSIVE SOUND SYSTEMS
- EACH SONG ION-ETCHED ON SEPARATE HIGH QUALITY COMPUROM LAZERTECH DISCS FOR ULTIMATE CLARITY
- 8 VIDEO VECTRO-STACKS FEATURING 738 HOURS OF OF UNUSED SOLOS AND RIFFZ
- PASSCODE TO DOWNLOAD EXCLUSIVE N00DZ FROM MISSIONMETALLICA.COM
- 2 TEMPORARY TATTOO'S TO SHOW YOUR EXTREME TASTE IN RIFFAGE
- ULTRA-COMMENTARY GOES WHERE NO COMMENTARY HAS GONE BEFORE
- STICKERS
- DELUXE METAL CASE WITH CARRY HANDLE

SUMMER 2048

also:
fuckinhetfield.gif

THE WAIT IS OVER.

DEATH MAGNETIC
DELUXE EDITION

- COMPLETELY REMIXED AND REMASTERED ALBUM READY FOR 9.25 IMMERSIVE SOUND SYSTEMS
- EACH SONG ION-ETCHED ON SEPARATE HIGH QUALITY COMPUROM LAZERTECH DISCS FOR ULTIMATE CLARITY
- STICKERS

SUMMER 2048

Sounds like its time for a BASS solo!:headbang:

THE WAIT IS OVER.

DEATH MAGNETIC
DELUXE EDITION

- STICKERS

SUMMER 2048

Hahahahahahhahahahhahaha, what more can I say? Sloan strikes again :lol: :lol: I was gonna put my favorite bits in bold, but I realized its all comedic genius. I salute you. :D

The new mix sounds awesome, much better than the original, and evn the GHIII rips. There's a lot more bass guitar presence which is DEFINITELY a MASSIVE part of what the album was missing. For me, a touch too much unnatural sounding reverb on the intro and over some vocal sections.

Overall, a lot more listenable! I'd love to hear The Judas Kiss and/or The End of The Line. 5.36 in TEOTL would sound incredible with some serious bass production!

the mystery remix sounds great to me.... and the reverb sounds just fine. got over the über-dry Rubin sound (and i'm more than sure he directed fidelman in this regard... it's a rubin signature) ages ago.