NAD!!! - Bugeral 333XL! Clips & Pics

I'm following this thread quite closely. One of my guys has this same head but a cheapo Marshall cab and I've been wanting to use it instead of all the amp sims but that cab keeps stopping me from going through with it. I can get a decent tone out of the sims just not good/great. Thanks for the instructions on how to use the head in conjunction with a cab sim/impulse. I have Nebula and bought a cab sim that seems promising. Might really work well with a real head.

This is what I came up with using Lecto and the Nebula cab. Do you think running the 333xl into the cab sim will sound better?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5144930/10-16 CLC PANNER OWNHAMMER ROSE.mp3

GG777- Which reamp box did you use for your tests?

No Re-Amp box I go straight from my Interface into a Tube Screamer then right to the amp :)

Tube screamer buffers the signal enough to be fine to send to the amp. On top of that I drive the Tube Screamer input pretty hard coming form the interface which adds some girth to the tone imho.

You can have total silence if you use the fx send instead of the line out, just keep the master volume at 0 and adjust the level with the channel volume. At least that's the case with the 333.

They make a line out on this amp for a reason. I personally wouldn't chance this. Especially since Bugera isn't made as well as the actual JSX.

Just use the Line out. Thats what its made for.

They make a line out on this amp for a reason. I personally wouldn't chance this. Especially since Bugera isn't made as well as the actual JSX.

Just use the Line out. Thats what its made for.

How would having the master volume at 0 hurt anything? There's no output, therefore no juice to overload the OT. The line out is post-phase inverter, the FX send is not. That's why the MV effects the line out and not the FX send. That's the only difference, as far as I can tell after having cracked a 333XL open to fix a few design flaws (IE, the plastic connectors on the inside, rather than using them because they had melted, I soldered the wires straight to the lugs that stick out of the PCB)

If you get to know the amp a bit better I'm sure you'll get some cool tones out of it!
But what about your rectogasing dude? I thought you sold a lot of stuff to get closer to it, and now a bugera? ;)

No Re-Amp box I go straight from my Interface into a Tube Screamer then right to the amp :)

Tube screamer buffers the signal enough to be fine to send to the amp. On top of that I drive the Tube Screamer input pretty hard coming form the interface which adds some girth to the tone imho.

Is it safe for the amp to do it this way? I guess all the reamp box does it convert a balanced signal to unbalanced unless I'm missing something. Hm. It'd be nice to save the $100 on the reamp box.

No not at all actually. Everyone's tastes are different.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't tried using my Krank Rev Jr with impulses...but wouldn't the line out have power tube saturation?
If not, what's the difference in using fx-send vs. line out? I thought that the line out would go through the power amp stage.
I'm thinking of getting a Hot Plate and recording using impulses as I've my first baby on the way and I'm gonna have to keep the volume down!

Correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't tried using my Krank Rev Jr with impulses...but wouldn't the line out have power tube saturation?
If not, what's the difference in using fx-send vs. line out? I thought that the line out would go through the power amp stage.
I'm thinking of getting a Hot Plate and recording using impulses as I've my first baby on the way and I'm gonna have to keep the volume down!

No the effects loop on all (someone correct me if I am wrong) is before the power section. The power section gives the amp its volume. The FX Loop comes right after the pre-amp in one of 2 ways depending on the amp.

Parallel - The signal is split off and sent to the effects and then when it comes back it is blended with the original signal and hit the power section.

Serial - The signal hit the FX loop and then hit the effects and then hits the power section of the amp.

The difference between the 2 is that a serial FX Loop is a 100% wet signal this is the case in the Rev JR. Its a serial loop. A paralell loop the main signal from the pre-amp section is split into 2 so you get a 50/50 mix of wet / dry into the power section. I believe this to be on amps that have an FX Loop "mix" control like a Recto or the Bugera

No the effects loop on all (someone correct me if I am wrong) is before the power section. The power section gives the amp its volume. The FX Loop comes right after the pre-amp in one of 2 ways depending on the amp.

Parallel - The signal is split off and sent to the effects and then when it comes back it is blended with the original signal and hit the power section.

Serial - The signal hit the FX loop and then hit the effects and then hits the power section of the amp.

The difference between the 2 is that a serial FX Loop is a 100% wet signal this is the case in the Rev JR. Its a serial loop. A paralell loop the main signal from the pre-amp section is split into 2 so you get a 50/50 mix of wet / dry into the power section. I believe this to be on amps that have an FX Loop "mix" control like a Recto or the Bugera

Cheers for the info. I'm getting a 6505 soon and don't have a clue how to use it as it has a lot more knobs compared to the Rev Jr! Lol - yes, I'm a drummer!

OK so here is one more Rose Re-amp Im thinking I went a little too much gain.

This one is all 4 tracks of DI's with the Catharsis Fredman Impulses.

http://www.jasoncohenitservices.com/Bugera_Rose_Awesometime2.mp3

I like it man! What IR loader did you use? ie. Was each guitar track a blend of the on and off axis IRs for the Fredman technique, or did you do it differently?

Cheers for the info. I'm getting a 6505 soon and don't have a clue how to use it as it has a lot more knobs compared to the Rev Jr! Lol - yes, I'm a drummer!

I like it man! What IR loader did you use? ie. Was each guitar track a blend of the on and off axis IRs for the Fredman technique, or did you do it differently?

Lepou IR Loader with the On 8 Pres and the Off 8 Pres blended 100% 100%

So its a blend of the on and off axis.