NAD! Jet City JCA50!

By the way, just looked in the back of my 50 and it seems the power tubes must have been changed to JJ's by the previous owner, preamp tubes seem to be stock chinese ones though.

By the way, just looked in the back of my 50 and it seems the power tubes must have been changed to JJ's by the previous owner, preamp tubes seem to be stock chinese ones though.

Yeah, I'm no tech nut myself but in hindsight I think a tube swap might have cleared up the issues I had with the first one I ordered. The one I got now that lacks low end is another thing. I feel bummed out because I really like the tones I've heard here, and the character i got from mine even though it was missing loads if bass. it seems that thomann doesn't have the 100h in stock anymore so I'm going to mail them and see if I can get my hands on a new one anyway. If that ain't possible then I'll guess I'll go for a blackstar instead. I'm dead set on getting another amp :kickass:

The guitarist of my band bought a Jet City 100w Head. This thing is truly awesome! For the price it is a great amp, with character.
Really love it, probably gonna use it on our album along with my 333xl (interesting to see what 2 amps that cost less than 1000 euros can do)

Having trouble with the link bro ^ dunno if its just me.

Done a few things with my JCA100H in the last few months:

Guitars are loose on the second one though, had to track it too quickly and I think I might have overdone the low mids on both but oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah its quite nice isn't it? It's got this surprisingly forgiving top end in that it always sounds more 'airy' than peaky like a 5150.

Its got a real shittonne of lower mids though, you really have to scoop a lot of low end gunk to get anything remotely scooped. It's just a good jack of all trades really.

Thanks man, I always seem to pull my best work with those guys because they've always trusted in what I was doing 100%, it took me a while to warm to that mix - I couldn't appreciate it for a couple of months after I finished but I can kinda dig it a bit more now.

So glad you posted the clips for this amp though, metal wise I've yet to clear anything as good as that Killswitch tone you got (new reamp sounds sick as well - finally got it loaded) but it's saved my arse more times than I can count and I appreciate that; I had a 5150 before and that thing hated me.

still super excited to get my hands on one but as you said the distribution in uk has been poor, thomann stopped doing them just as i had the money last time, they say they will have their first shipment later in the year, but its still cheaper for the jca50 on your link there, totally gonna try and pick this up,

So its been a few years. How are you guys feeling about these amps now?

I recently got a used JCA50h and I fucking love it so far.