• Stranger In Us All (1995)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
I've really been diving into the Rainbow discography lately. Just curious to see how the PP family feels about this classic group and their various releases. IMO, Rising is one of the finest hard rock recordings ever! :kickass:

Vote in the poll and tell us your opinion.

Well, you really can't go wrong with BLACKMORE'S RAINBOW and LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL, though those are the ones most metal friendly.

I even enjoy their commercial stuff.

I first got into them around 1984 during the DIFFICULT TO CURE era, primarily from the video for STREET OF DREAMS.

Though anyone who calls themselves a metalhead and doesn't appreciate KILL THE KING or MAN ON THE SILVER MOUNTAIN needs their freakin' head examined!

Well, you really can't go wrong with BLACKMORE'S RAINBOW and LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL, though those are the ones most metal friendly.

I even enjoy their commercial stuff.

I first got into them around 1984 during the DIFFICULT TO CURE era, primarily from the video for STREET OF DREAMS.

Though anyone who calls themselves a metalhead and doesn't appreciate KILL THE KING or MAN ON THE SILVER MOUNTAIN needs their freakin' head examined!

...and Rising is very metal friendly. Yeah, I think JLT undeservedly gets his ass handed to him by some fans, but I have no idea why. He's great!

~Brian~

For me, it was a tough choice between Rising and Long Live Rock n' Roll. I went with LLRnR and Rising a close second. Gates of Babylon is my all time favorite Rainbow song. I wish Over The Rainbow would tour the US. :headbang:

One of my favorite roots metal bands that deserves much respect. I made my own 2 CD anthology several years ago. Based on the number of songs I included, LLRNR would be my favorite. But I love all eras and singers Rainbow had. Graham Bonnet was/is underrated.

Of these albums, it's a close call between LLRR and Rising, but Gates of Babylon (and especially that solo) tips the pendulum to LLRR for me. But my absolute favorite Rainbow album is the Live in Germany set.

I picked the only live compilation, even though it has crap from the Bonnet .and Turner eras
Meanwhile, I want to say Steven Tyler as per his recent quote of insanity:

"Joe Perry . . you are a coat of many colours, but I am the motherfuckin' Rainbow"

To which Joe notes in the new Classic Rock: "I wonder if Steven knows that rainbows are associated with homosexuality"